Monday, March 15, 2010

Hero Arts

How about this Hero Arts digital butterfly?! I know it's rather LARGE but I was playing with Tim Holtz distress inks and didn't really intend for it to end up on a card. Being a card maker I didn't really know what else to do with it!

I watched a video by Jennifer McGuire of Hero Arts on how to color using distress inks and thought I'd try it. The only colors of distress inks I have are Antique Linen and Old Paper. I really think I'd like some more distress ink pads now. ;) She used Glossy Accents around the edges and on the spots so I used the next best thing... Crystal Effects and black pearls.

I have a friend who's husband has been spending a lot of time in the hospital so I thought this might be nice for him. I used the Verve Visual Serenity stamp set to stamp the background on the tan panel and attached my enormous butterfly.

1 comment:

Carol L said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog today :) You have a great blog, and I especially love your banner! {Wishing I could make one myself}This butterfly is simply AMAZING! WOW, I just LOVE it!!