Wednesday, March 24, 2010

With Faith



I woke up this morning with the Violet from Papertrey Ink and distress ink on my mind. I needed to see if I could color the large violet image with sponges and distress inks. I didn't even make it to the shower and getting dressed first! I know, I'm sick.

I stamped the large violet and leaves with Versamark on my favorite white card stock poured black embossing powder on it and melted it. Next I used Scattered Straw distress ink with a big dauber in the middle of the flower, changed to Milled Lavender then Dusty Concord on the outside edge. I spritzed water on it several times and reinked in places until I was happy with it. I used Peeled Paint and Pine Needles on the leaves, spritzed them with water and played with them till I was happy with them too.

The card body is SU Barely Banana with a strip of Kraft at the bottom, the border is The Paper Mill's deep purple that was cut using my Quickutz Silhouette machine. I also heat embossed the verse on the Kraft strip. The center of the flower is cut out and popped on foam tape and I colored in some of the center tendrils with a Copic marker and dotted Crystal Effects in the very center.

I think it came out looking pretty realistic, what do you think?

No comments: