Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Verve Fluttering By

I thought it was time to get out my Verve Fluttering By stamp set again. I was inspired by Debbie Olsen using Papertrey Ink's new Butterfly Dreams set last month, she showed how she makes a template to get all the squares on a card to line up and look right. I wonder why I never thought of that?! She's a genius, it works great!!

I was experimenting with my Quickutz Silhouette machine and this stamp set, it says it will cut out just about anything. Everything but the butterflies antenna! That's okay, I drew them on three of them, if you look closely at the photo one of them has cut out antenna. The card stock is PTI's Aqua Mist and the patterned paper is one of the first packages I ever bought from PTI (I need to use that up!). The ribbon and "make a wish" are also PTI products. I colored the cut out butterflies with Copic markers and added pearls. Some of those pearls were white when I started, love my Copic markers!

This card has quite a bit of dimension to it so I made an envelope with my Scor-Pal and decorated it to match.

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...your butterflies are gorgeous, Jan!! I love the colors as well!! Good to hear from you! Hugs!!