I'm talking about mason jars again today.
I've had a fascination with mason jars since I was a little girl. My grandmother used mason jars for home canning and I loved going down to her basement and looking at all those beautifully filled jars.
Even the empty ones had a beauty of their own all lined up waiting for the day they'd be filled.
I have some of my grandmother's old mason jars and display them in a place of honor in my kitchen.
What I really wanted to share today is that mason jars are great for homemade gift giving.
Pictured above are jars of homemade hot cocoa mix I have ready for holiday gift giving.
I made labels for my jars at the Avery website & printed them using my ink jet printer, the directions for use are on the label. I might add some ribbon and a tag later but I kind of like them just the way they are.
The smaller jars are hot cocoa for two, the larger jars will serve four.
In December I can give these out to our mail carrier and faithful UPS driver or anyone!
Here's a recipe I found at AllRecipes.com
Hot Cocoa Mix
- 10 cups dry milk powder
- 4 3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups powdered non-dairy creamer
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk powder, confectioner's sugar, cocoa powder, and creamer. Stir till thoroughly combined. Store cocoa mixture in an airtight container. Makes about 15 cups mix, or enough for about 45 servings.
- For 1 serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mixture in a coffee cup or mug, and add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir to dissolve. Top with dollop of whipped cream or a few marshmallows, if desired.
If you'd like to do something like this for the upcoming holiday season just "google" hot cocoa mix recipes and you'll find a lot to choose from!
Thanks for visiting my blog today!