Friday, October 26, 2012

Notes From Home

I know I've been missing from my blog the last week or so...

So I thought I'd give you a quick look at what I've been up to.


My friends brought me almost twenty pounds of ripe tomatoes that were on sale at Food City last week when they came to visit me in Parker.


From the almost twenty pounds I was able to can five quarts of salsa and twelve 12 ounce jars of tomato sauce.   I also made a double batch of homemade Herbal Miracle Balm for holiday gift baskets I'm planning to make for friends and family soon.


The Vanilla I've been brewing for the last six months was ready...


...and I took the day yesterday to make a batch of Orange Honey Soap that smells heavenly.

I've been enjoying myself going from one messy project to the next as a keeper of the home.
 My kids have needed more of my attention than usual lately and the weather is changing to beautiful around here.   

I think I have Arizona fall fever!

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting my blog today -

Oh!  Jocelan asked in a comment if I'd be sharing soap and salve recipes, yes I will be sharing recipes and tutorials for soaps and salves in the near future.

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW! Jan, you've been super busy! But it all looks just yummy too!!
Lynn

Carol L said...

You certainly have been busy, I agree! I just got back into canning this summer after a 25 yr hiatus, and I really enjoyed it! Just look at all those jars of yummy tomatoes, and your soap sounds dreamy!!

Cheryl First said...

Wow! You sure have been keeping busy! I wish I could smell that soap! :0)
((HUGS))
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

jperr said...

Everything looks good. Is there any chance you will share your soap and sauve recipes with us?
Jocelan

Cathy P in AZ said...

You are the new herbal Earth Mother, Jan! This stuff ALL sounds fabulous! You should put some on Etsy! :) Seriously you AMAZE me, friend!!!

Shirley G said...

You have been one busy lady, Jan. I love seeing your cards and I love seeing the other projects you are up to. Can't wait for the recipes and tuts on the soap and salves. :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

These all sound amazingly wonderful!!!! I've made vanilla sugar but not made homemade vanilla. Would love the recipe....I can google I guess...haha And, how delightful to receive all those wonderful tomatoes. Wow...we'll be making the homemade dog food and dog treats again. The dogs are loving the treats from the recipe I got from you...I added a few things that I had in stock and still they are even extra yummy now...at least that is what my dogs say...haha