Monday, January 23, 2017

Aqua Terra Wire Weave Necklace


I have my second wire weave pendant today!

I took a class online earlier this month to learn how to make wire woven pendants.  More info about that in this blog post.  This particular pendant is Aqua Terra Jasper and has a very small hole drilled in the top making it difficult to make a fancy bail for.  And, it's time to learn new skills and techniques!  I used a tight basket type weave for the bezel portion pictured below.


For the bail I went back to the figure eight weave I'd learned in the first class because I really like the look.  After the pendant was finished I made a matching necklace chain using Aqua Terra Jasper stone beads and copper wire adding in some fancy figure eight links.  The next step in the process is antiquing and polishing.  I love the way antiqued copper looks so it's my preference for most jewelry pieces I make.  The very last step is to treat the copper to maintain and protect the finish I've given it.

There you have it, my second wire woven pendant!
Thanks for visiting my blog today -

No comments: