Thursday, May 31, 2007

Paper Flowers

It's the last day of school here in Parker. My kids were so excited this morning, it's water day! School called shortly after I'd dropped the kids off, my daughter didn't have a signed permission slip to participate in the fun.

So, I went back to school to take care of that and Wow! it looked like an amusement park there! The Parker Fire Dept. was there with two trucks pumping water for the festivities, kids and adults in swim suits and shorts having a good time. Too bad I had an appointment at 9:00 a.m. and couldn't stay!

That's okay, I'll hear all about it when they get home this afternoon. Hopefully we applied enough sun screen this morning!


On to the paper crafting~
A couple of my girl friends came over yesterday and we made 24 candy dishes for the bridal shower this weekend and a center piece for the desert table. Shirley and Ashley put together the candy dishes and I had a fun idea I wanted to try for the center piece. The bride is a florist so I wanted to make paper flowers for her and I'm quite happy with what I created.

We used the mega scallop circle punch for the candy dishes, punched out different patterned papers in purple. The colors for her wedding are purple and green. Next we attached them to the clear plastic candy dishes with double sided tape so they'd look like a flower when they were filled with candy.

I used the scraps from the patterned paper to make the flowers in the pot. I cut some strips to make flowers out of and used my Sizzix dies for some of the others. I attached my flowers to 1/8" dowels and stuck them in a block of florist's foam and piled some Easter grass on top to finish it off.

3 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your paper flower are so cute! Great job!

Amy said...

I love that flower pot. Simply adorable!

Amy

Diane said...

Jan this is a wonderful idea,it looks great!!!