Wednesday, June 6, 2007

April Eureka Stamps Card Contest

I've been meaning to talk about this since I started blogging and keep getting side tracked!

This is one of the cards I made to submit to
Eureka Stamps for a card contest they had in April. It won 3rd place! Wow, I was and still am so excited!! It feels more like a "first place" to me!

They contacted me via e mail to let me know I'd won and asked if I'd be interested in joining their design team. I responded with a yes and wanted to know the details. I don't have any details because they are still in the process of setting up their design team.

This e mail came at a time when I was really struggling with my oldest son, his father and other people in my life giving me a hard time. I was discouraged about life at that moment. I know that God's timing is perfect and I'll hear from them again at just the right time too. Probably right when I need that kind of jumping up and down excited high again.

And hey! Check out my cool watermark from Freckled Fun designs! I'm in the process of being able to use it. I have Windows Vista and downloaded a trial version of Photo Shop Elements so I could use the watermark. It takes an updated patch to use Photo Shop Elements with Vista which unfortunately I can't get to download. Better living through modern technology!

Sunflower card supply list: Stamps - Eureka Stamps, Paper - Watercolor paper, Nut Brown, Forest Dark, Forest Medium, Ink - Stazon Timber Brown, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Basic Brown, Accessories - Aqua painter, Dotted Organdy from StarLitStudio, Stampin' Sponges.

I inserted the link for Eureka Stamps and discovered that my 3rd place card is still on their home page. Cool!

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

I'm not surprised this card placed in the contest. It so very pretty! Great job!