Saturday, June 9, 2007

BoHo Buzz

Happy Saturday! I hope you're having a nice weekend. It's late and I've spent the last few hours stamping and having fun after a long day.

I have a new stamp set from Technique Tuesday called BoHo Buzz I saw it online at Scrapsupply and knew I had to have that butterfly and beatle and dragonfly and...

It's taken me awhile to figure out what to do with the butterfly after the initial stamping it on my watercolor paper with Black Stazon ink and watercoloring it with Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore. I saw a nice card that Ana had made over at Inkastamp so I tried to recreate what she'd done with her design.

I really like how Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore look together on the butterfly, I'm not so sure about the rest of the card. But that's okay because I'll go to bed soon and wake up with another idea and try it again.

Supply List for BoHo Buzz Butterfly: Stamps - BoHo Buzz by Technique Tuesday, Hanging By A Thread by Technique Tuesday, Flourishes by Autumn Leaves, Faux Ribbon by PAPERTREYink. Paper - Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, retired SU designer paper, watercolor paper. Ink - Stazon Jet Black, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Noir Black. Accessories - White grossgrain ribbon, Black brads, foam tape.

The second card is the Beatle out of the BoHoBuzz stamp set. I used the POP designer paper in Certainly Celery with White and Elegant Eggplant cardstock. I stamped the Beatle's body with Brilliance Victorian Violet and the head with Brilliance Graphite Black. I used my scallop circle punch and 2 smaller circle punches for mattings. I added some Grape grossgrain ribbon to it to finish it off.

Our Saturday was kind of unusual around here. Our first outing of the day was to the Emergency Room at our local hospital. My youngest son's eye has been red and swolen, he looked better this morning but said it hurt.

We found out that he has Pink Eye and got the needed RX for him and he was looking and feeling better by tonight.

The other unusual thing for us today was a trip to the laundramat. The washer broke yesterday and about ruined my day! I have a repair person that's supposed to be coming next Friday to fix it. That's how it is when you live in the middle of nowhere.

I think the laundramat was the highlight of the day for my kids and I wish now I would have taken pictures of them.

Oh well. they are 5 and 7 years old and they helped put the clothes in the dryers and the quarters in and push the buttons etc. Then they sat down in front of the dryers and watched their clothes go around and talked excitedly about who's underwear was winning the race, they were so entertained!

I stood there and was facinated watching them watch the clothes dry thinking, "the heart of a child, how fun"!

No comments: