Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Quickutz Silheoutte

My card today is from a new toy I've been playing with and I really like how it turned out!

Several of my stamping girl friends have Cricut machines, I used one a couple of years ago when I worked at the local scrapbook store and thought it was neat but didn't feel the need to have one. I've run across web sites that have "cutting files" that made me curious. One thing led to another and I decided I wanted a digital die cutting system. I did a lot of reading and learning before I made my final decision and started watching E Bay to see what they "really" sold for.

After watching the auctions I made my bid and a Quickutz Silheoutte was delivered to my house a few weeks ago. What fun! I seem to be in a learning mode lately. I've been reading through the on line tutorials at their website and practicing, practicing, practicing.

I made the card above using the Silheoutte Heart Lace cutting file. I learned how to re size it to fit an A6 card and let the machine do the rest. Love it! It's so nice all by itself that I just added a Nestabilities tag and ribbon. I do need to find a better way to attach the "lace" to the card, my 2way glue pen seemed like a good idea but it isn't holding. Scor tape maybe?

The anniversay stamp is from Anniversary Birds by Verve Visual.

No comments: