Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Day After World Card Making Day

Happy the day after World Card Making Day! I didn't get to spend the entire day working on cards but I was able to complete a couple of challenges and will keep working on them for a few more days.

My card today is a Splitcoaststampers World Card Making Day color challenge and limited supply challenge. I got the color challenge but I'm not sure if I got the limited supply challenge. It said no patterned paper, show us some stamping. I stamped my patterend paper and colored it. Does that count?

I think you know how much I like making my own patterned paper and I've got to tell you about this one. Since I'm a member of the Clear Dollar Stamps design team I went shopping the other night and my package arrived Saturday so I had to use my new goodies for some of the challenges!

Anyway... Clear Dollar Stamps has neat clear stamps that go on a wheel like Stampin' Up! Stampin' Around Wheels. These are even cooler! They actually stick to the wheel and you can peel them off when you're done. Or if you're me, you can stick them on an acrylic block and use them. That's how I made my patterned paper for this card, I stamped the Jungle Vine stamp several times on the white cardstock and then colored it with my Copic markers. The biggest reason I like making my own patterned paper is I know it will match everything else perfectly! So there you have it! I'll show you some more of the challenges I did from World Card Making Day soon.

Supply List:
Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps Monkey Madness,
Clear Dollar Stamps Jungle Vine

Paper - Sorbet Mango, Lime Green, White, Nutbrown

Ink - Versa Fine Onyx Black, Palette Jardin

Accessories - Copic markers, Stitched grossgrain ribbon

I have another deadline coming this week with my new kitchen a.k.a. craft room cabinets. They are supposed to start installing them on Friday Oct. 10th. Please say a prayer for me that it really happens this time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Very fun card! LOVE YOUR DP! I never thought about it matching. You are so right!

I hope they get your cabinets installed.

Smiles,
~Nancy
:-)

Lorelie Kim said...

Love your PP! Don't you just love that monkey?! Great FUN card!

Rose Ann said...

This is so very cute!!

Laurie Wilson said...

Adorable, love how he's holding the bananas and the matching DP!

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Jan....What a cute little scene you created with that sweet little monkey...love your one of a kind dp, too!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

FUN!!!! You've inspired me to get that set out and use it!!!!
Chris