Friday, October 10, 2008

Monkey Madness

I'm still having fun with the Clear Dollar Stamps Monkey Madness set. My friend Gabriel's little boy has a birthday coming up and asked me to make a card for him. My kids are out of school this week and we had the birthday boy over to spend a day with us while his Dad worked. I found out he really likes monkeys so I just had to use this set again for his birthday cards.

This first card is the one I made for Gabriel to give Zack, I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge #60 with a couple of modifications. The orange panel in the sketch is at the bottom of the card but I needed it's help to make the palm tree leaves "pop". I also added the circle with the sentiment, I felt I needed to put Zack's name on his card. The next card is from my family and I made a nugget gift box for him too.

That CDS Jungle Vine stamp is so cool, I had to try it again on return address labels and see how the Copic markers worked for those. It all came out pretty well, I won't tear off the paper around the address labels next time. My ink smeared on the waxy part and I know better but wasn't thinking clearly I guess.

My paper and ink colors are pretty much the same as in my previous post.

I haven't kept up with my blogging very well this week. It's a lot busier here with the kids out of school. We've had a nice time and they will be returning to school on Monday.

I was going to say it would be peaceful then but my new cabinets are supposed to be delivered and installed this Monday. Oh! I can't wait!! They could have been installed today but I wouldn't have any countertops until Monday so I opted to wait.

I may be missing again for a few days. Sunday afternoon we'll be tearing out the old cabinets and clearing out my kitchen getting ready... don't worry I'll call my cabinet guy before we remove anything!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, great cards, your colouring is awesome.

I think I am more excited about hearing the cabinets are going in !!!!!!!!!!! How nice will this be when it is all done, finished and you can stand back and admire.
Best of luck with it all.

:) Marcia

scrappernic said...

Too cute! I LOVE the bright colors--what a fun card!

Joan Ervin said...

So glad to hear your stamp room is nearing completion....what a joy!!! Love your monkey card, too....Love that adorable monkey, the great dp you made and I love that layout!!!

Jane said...

Wow! You did amazing things with this set! I'm so glad you decided to join CDS's Design Team. You'll be a great addition!

Jane
SBS4

Sparkplug17 said...

This is an adorable set! I hope things get moving along with the house okay...and love your cabinets!