Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Making progress...

Okay, here's where we're at... making progress on the kitchen a.k.a. craft room cabinets.

The last few days have been wonderful, horrible, exciting, disappointing, etc. all at the same time.

My cabinet maker arrived yesterday at 10:00 a.m. and left just after 6:00 p.m., the pictures below are what I have installed so far. The bodies of the new cabinets are here but I don't have any doors, drawer fronts or all of the pull outs. I've been told he will have those ready soon and be back to install them. I also need a few more holes cut into my desk to get my wires going in the right direction.

The cabinets with the desk pictured below are a new addition for my crafting area, other wise known as my kitchen. We only have one because the house came with it? He he The bottom cabinets were replaced because of the water damage from the pipe under the floor breaking waaaaayyyyyyyyy back in March of this year. I think he did a beautiful job matching the finish to the top cabinets that are 20 plus years old.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today. I have to find a place for everything I've moved out of the cabinets over the past 7 months. I called my tile installer this morning and asked if he'd start that job next Monday. He was supposed to start today but I don't have a kitchen sink that's hooked up yet or a dishwasher. I think those should come before floor tile.

And... I have a bible study every Wednesday evening at my house and my living room is wall to wall stuff.

My last picture is of my kids, Michael and Jenny and my boyfriend Rick planting some tomato and pepper plants in the "garden" out front. It's really a flower bed and we'll add some of those later. Tomatos, bell peppers, flowers, they all work together here in Arizona. It's just nice to be able to open the windows and enjoy the cool air and actually spend some time outside again with day time temps in the 70's & 80's.
So that's what's happening at my house right now. I have a design team deadline coming up pretty soon too, I'll be back as soon as I'm a little more organized and have something else fun to show you!

I'll have Clear Dollar Stamps sneak peaks coming up at the end of the month too - how fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not far to go now Jan, looking good.

:) Marcia

Diane said...

It's getting there! It'll all be done soon i hope,for your sake!

Pat Smethers said...

Ah Jan...so good to see the kids! And your new space is looking good too! I just bought some Clear Dollar Stramps this weekend, (my first) and can't wait to play. I ordered the Charlie Horse ones, of course! Now I have to go check your SCS space. Onya Sister!