Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Melissa's Wedding Album

Today is my oldest son's 18th birhtday, seems hard to believe that much time has passed! Happy Birthday Daryl!!

I've worked at the Scrapbooker's Corner for a few hours the last couple of days and totally enjoyed myself. I've been learning how to use their Cricket machine, playing with Alcohol Inks (not very successfully!) and made up a couple of cards to use for classes I get to teach.

I'm looking forward to staying home Thursday and working right here on scrapbook projects.

I have two layouts from Melissa's Wedding album for you today. I've used my Fancy Pants Pollen Dust clear stamp set to make the paper for the pages. All of them are the same and it gets to me at times.

I thought since this is a wedding album it needs to be elegant so the pages should be tone on tone. Which is really White card stock and Sahara Sand ink. I received my Spellbinders Nestabilities preorder from PAPERTREYink. the other day and I must say, they rock! All I'd been doing with this album was making paper, printing and matting pictures and sticking them down. Now that I have those new dies I've really started adding some detail to the pages.


Another great thing about those dies is they go through my Zip' E Mate (whew!), I thought they would but had never tried that brand before. I used my Lizzie Anne Designs Gettin' Hitched stamp set and the Copic Spica glitter pens for the Groom's toast on the first layout.
While I was out today I saw the Pastor of Grace Assembly Of God church here in town and he wants to see me about making Christmas cards for his church again this year. I've made all their Birthday, Anniversary, Get Well, Sympathy, and Pastor's note cards this year. It's truly a blessing to have that job and I'm excited to see what I can come up with for Christmas for them this year.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Love what you did with these pages! Great job as always.

Melissa said...

Yes Jan I Love them, I liked the last one to but didn't care for the hand written! You're doing a great job as I knew you would. Love you!

Rose Ann said...

These pages are so elegant and beautiful! I love the patterned paper you've created!! Awesome pages!!