Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wild About You!

Or maybe Pink Elephants, or could this be a "One Sheet Wonder"?

I spent some time at our LSS today with Diana "my boss" (insert big grin here) and have had my eye on this piece of paper for awhile. The first time I saw it I imagined cutting out the little elephants with my Oval and Circle punches. So today I took a sheet home with me and managed to punch and die cut 18 elephants out of the 12 x 12 sheet of paper. I think you could call that a "One Sheet Wonder" in Stampin' Up! talk. Cool!
I'm patterned paper challenged so I'm really happy with how these turned out! Most people I've noticed don't use the patterned paper as the focal point either. What can I say? It's a fun kind of weird!

The sheet of paper is by Basicgrey, it's called Oh Baby! Girl. The body of the card is Cameo Coral, the second layer is Certainly Celery and I had to go deep into my file drawer to find a sheet of Confetti White, it's been a long time since I've used Confetti White!

The oval shapes are cut out with my Spellbinders Nestabilities dies, did I tell you how cool these are?! I just love them!

The stamps I used are Palm Fronds by Stampendous and the Wild About You! is an unmounted stamp that came in a bundle off of E Bay. I also used some of my pretty May Arts ribbon in Celery.

Oh, the ink for my background paper is Creamy Carmel, Certainly Celery and Old Olive. The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive.

This one was fun to make too, kind of a stand by sketch for me too. This is one of Beate's sketch challenges and I've used it for many different cards.

Paper - Certainly Celery, Bazzill Light Blue, Confetti White, Basicgrey Oh Baby! Girl, Ink - Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Stamps - SU It's Your Birthday, Stampendous Palm Fronds, Accessories - May Arts ribbon, Circle Punches, Marvy Scalloped Mega Circle, Carl Rotary Cutter with scallop blade, Cuttlebug Ribbon Slide die, paper piercing tools.

2 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Super cute cards!! I love them both!!

Unknown said...

These are super cute! Love those elephants!