Monday, September 3, 2007

Return of the lost girl...

I feel like the lost girl. Is it because of the long weekend with kids? Maybe ~

I didn't do any stamping today until after dinner. It wasn't going so well at first either! I almost tossed this image in the trash because I didn't like the way I water colored the background. At the last moment I thought, hmmm maybe I should cut it out. Saved!

This was an image my friend Pat in California sent to me for my birthday in June so I didn't want to waste it! Thanks Pat!!

Supply List: Cardstock - Real Red, Basic Black, White, Watercolor paper. Stamps - Cruisabella, Su Paisley background, retired SU Highways & Biways background, Hello Girlfriend by Hero Arts. Accessories - Dotted organdy ribbon, Black brad, silk flower painted with Stampin' Write Real Red marker, Aquapainter and SU Classic ink pads and Encore Silver Metalic.

I do have something else I'd like to share about my weekend, it started with an e mail from a friend I lost contact with 17 years ago.

She "googled" my name and found me at Splitcoaststampers then linked off of there onto my blog. How cool is that?!

We lived in Lake Havasu City, AZ and were close friends in junior high and high school. When we graduated we went our separate ways then reconnected in Tuscon Arizona and ended up working for the same place at the same time. I got married and moved and the last time we were together I was pregnant with my first child. She was in the midst of changes in her life too and we lost contact. I kept my phone number the same for almost 15 years in hopes of hearing from her again and she found me through the internet. Wow!

3 comments:

Rose Ann said...

This card is so cute, and a perfect celebration of your friend! That is sooo cool!

Anonymous said...

How darling! I love the colors, layout..sooo cute! :)

Diane said...

Happy that you found your friend again Jan!! Your card is cooooooll!!