Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Arizona Sunshine Handcrafted Soap


I've been studying hard in my Aromatherapy Certification course and decided to take a couple of Mental Health days to catch up on things that have been neglected, like buying groceries and make a batch of soap that's been on my mind.   

In a small brown bottle I've had a mixture of essential oils brewing for a soap fragrance.  Each day I have a little smell to see how it's coming along and give it a shake then put it back in the refrigerator.  

It felt so good to make a batch of soap and try out my new fragrance, I also tried adding some natural yellow color by using the cooking spice Turmeric.  
I think I could stand to add a little more next time!  

   
Here's what my Arizona Sunshine moisturizing bar soaps look like naked.  They smell wonderful with top notes of Grapefruit and Orange and base notes of Vanilla and Patchouli - yum!


I also snuck in a Lavender Rose Facial Bar recently.

I used Olive Oil solar infused with Calendula and Chamomile Flowers, Castor Oil for nice bubbles and lightly scented with pure essential oils of Lavender and Rose.  


Here's the naked Lavender Rose Facial Bars.


Handcrafted with skin loving pure essential and carrier oils for an extra gentle facial soap.

I used one of my favorite hot process soap recipes for the Arizona Sunshine soap, if you'd like to see the step by step tutorial click here.  The other recipe is from Soap Making Resource and was a cold process recipe that I turned into a hot process soap.  

If you'd rather not make your own soaps I've added both of these to my Etsy store Life Scents.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Link Parties:

Frugally Sustainable

Clever Chicks

Gingerly Made

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Way to go! I already know how wonderful they must smell. Hope you do great with you business!
Lynn

Jennifer said...

All of this is so wonderful! I love how adventurous you are!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Love this kind of soap......Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Unknown said...

I'm watching rain out the window and the soap name is as delightful as it must smell.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Living in Arizona rain sounds good Yolanda... I just returned home from having lunch with friends, we got in our hot cars and she burned her bare legs on her leather seats, ouch!

The soap smell is nice, the first thing that comes to you is grapefruit! We pick and enjoy grapefruit in Arizona after the 1st of January. The citrus trees are all loaded then.