Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Homemade Relaxing Lavender Chamomile Tea

I have an order from The Bulk Herb Store and thought I'd do a quick tutorial as I put everything away!


I was running low on Lavender Flowers and Chamomile and needed Arnica Flowers for another project.  The herbs come in nice plastic zipper bags and are half a pound size.  I can't use up them quick enough so I repackage them into mason jars.


Most of the packages will fit in a half gallon mason jar, when I have them filled I use my Food Saver to remove all the air from the jars to increase their shelf life up to ten years.


Before I put everything away I wanted to make up some more Lavender Chamomile Tea for us.  I gathered up the rest of the supplies here, 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, large tea bags and my straightening iron to seal the tea bags.  Speaking of the tea bags, I bought them on E Bay when I was making Bath Teas around Christmas time, they are a little large but I'm using what I have.


I filled the tea bags with one tablespoon each of Lavender Flowers and Chomomile Flowers then sealed the tea bags using my straightening iron.


Now they are all sealed and ready to use.  We use one tea bag per 16 ounces of hot water and let steep for about ten minutes.  I like to add 1 teaspoon of raw honey in mine for sweetened  tea.  Lavender Chamomile Tea is helpful with relaxation before bedtime.  I don't drink it every night but when I feel like I might have a hard time falling asleep I make some and enjoy it before bed.  


In an effort to keep the tea bags fresher I upcycled the nice zipper bag the Lavender Flowers came in and into the cabinet it went!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today, thanks for visiting my blog -

1 comment:

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

ohhhh.....sounds yummy, love tea!