Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Stamping Boutique Poppies


My card is for our challenge that starts today at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps. It's the Midweek Throwdown challenge and the theme is Tags n' Twine.  For a little extra added fun you can add "miss you" to the theme too!  The "miss you" part of the theme was added after I had my card ready so it's a birthday card but I did look through some of my previously made cards and I'll add a couple "miss you" themed at the end of my post just for fun.

My flowers came from The Stamping Boutique, I made my card using their Poppies and colored with Copic markers:  R32, R35, R46, R59, YG03, YG63, YG67, Y15, Y18.

The cardstock colors are Via Vellum Leaf Green, Thepapermill.com Cranberry, Astrobrights Solar Yellow & Neenah Solar White.  My layout is Operation Write Home Sketch #82 and I added a Spellbinders tag stamped with Papertrey Ink "happy birthday" and a button and my kinda twine for a finishing touch.
My kinda twine is just white crochet thread from a big box store.


This is a Hannah Lynn Designs digital image, you can read about her here.

 
And this cute image is by A Day For Daisies, you can read about the Copic color numbers and papers, etc. here.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

All are wonderful! LOVE the colors you used on the first one - so pretty and beautiful coloring on these!
Lynn

Laura said...

This beautiful card Just poppped out at me today!!! LOVE the colors,so bright and cheerful!! All beautiful cards and wow the coloring is lovely!! TFS

Donna Nuce said...

Gorgeous cards Jan. You are such a fantastic color person!

Sybrina K said...

Jan,

As always, your cards are fabulous -- with your coloring as wonderful as ever. I especially loved the textures you added to each card.

Paula S. said...

What a fabulous poppy image and so beautifully colored too of course! I love the way tags look and yet never seem to use them much on my cards. They really are a great way to add a sentiment too. I will need to try a little harder to make this part of my bag of tricks. :)

Erika said...

Wow is all I can say! Your coloring is so great! The poppies are pretty. Great job, Jan.

Diane said...

All of your cards are gorgeous- love your coloring! THe Hannah Lynn gal is stunning and your hair looks like she belongs in a shampoo commercial! The last image is adorable! Love the die you used on the last card.