Friday, April 12, 2013

From 2007 - 2013 The Growth of a Designer


2007

I've been blogging about paper crafting since 2007, last Sunday I took a trip down memory lane.  On my blog that is, I started at the beginning of 2007 just for fun.  I must say my style has changed for the better!

I've picked a card from each year my blogs' been in existence for my post today.

The card above is from a post I did in August 2007.  I used Watercolor H20's to color the flower and it looks like a couple of Stampin' Up! background stamps and hardware.


2008

It appears I was coloring with Copic markers here.  My blog post was pretty vague...


2009

These look a little better to me!  Here's an excerpt from my blog post on these:

I saw this technique on Stamp TV and loved the idea.


2010

I remember this cutie, I was on the Bugaboo Stamps design team and getting better using Copic my markers.


2011
Was definitely a year of paper crafting discovery and fun!


2012

Stamps by Papertrey Ink. colored with Copic markers.


2013

I made this card a couple of months ago using a Birdie Brown digital image.

The cards from way back are kind of hard to look at and post for everyone to see today but in doing so I can see the growth I've achieved as a paper crafter in the last 6 years.

All in all kind of a fun way to spend a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

2 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Jan! It's fun to see a progression of your work over the years! You have inspired me with your gorgeous coloring and cards from my start with OWH in 2010! In fact, I'm taking the Copic classes next week and I can't wait!

Diane said...

Hi Jan- you are way too hard on yourself! I agree with Sherri that it is fun to see your progression over the years- but everyone of your cards shows talent! I will admit that I love your Copic colored cards the best- I love seeing your techniques, your robot is outstanding! Thanks for sharing!