Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Inky Antics Charming Kitties


Our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challeng is a color challenge, using your favorite color combination and tell us why!

I've found that since I started coloring with Copic markers I really LOVE ORANGE, or Yellow/Reds!  So I have a couple of fun cards using Basic Grey Ambrosia papers and acrylic stamps from Inky Antics.  This set is called Charming Kitties.

My layout is a Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge #355.  I used Copic X Press It blending card, Basic Grey Ambrosia designer paper, Basic Black, Neenah Classic Crest Pewter & Stampin' Up! Only Orange as well as Mohawk Bright White for the card base.

Copic markers are pictured below:


I have a second card using this cute stamp set too.


All the supplies used are the same except for the buttons from my stash and some crochet thread and I used a different embossing folders made by Sizzix and Cuttlebug.  The layout for this card is from Sweet Sunday Sketch #136.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -
 

13 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Well it's easy to see why you like using these colors, Jan. It's because you do such a wonderful job with them. These two card are just adorable and will be treasured by someone. Enjoy your day.

Kike' said...

Love your cards & colors. tfs!!

Margaret said...

Great cards. Love the color combination. I'm going to have to go check out the OWH site now.

Kristie said...

I am always a huge fan of your cards, Jan. I love the orange and gray together. I'll admit I would never have used those colors together, but they look wonderful. Your coloring is always so nice and I just love the contrast with the black layers.

Unknown said...

Nice color combo. Great coloring!

Carolynn said...

Beauties!!! You so rock the oranges!!

Cynthia T said...

Thanks for letting us know how well orange and grey go together! Both cards are purr-fect. And being somewhat of a "cat lady", I totally approve of your focal images :)

Unknown said...

Your cards are always so crisp and clean! Love it! Very nice texture and value changes!

Nat said...

such fab cards, wonderful copic colours too!! :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

awww so sweet! love these kitties and the orange and grey looks fantastic together! :D

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Jan! Your cards are fabulous. Gorgeous coloring and color choices. Love the look of orange combined with grey and your your crisp, clean designs!

Donna Nuce said...

Super color combo in the orange and grey. Love your coloring and the kitties are very cute! Have a great day.

Crafting Adventures said...

Love the colors and the cats!