Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Can You Digi It Disgruntled


You might need your sunglasses for my Disgruntled Pig today!
I'm trying out new color combinations for pig skin, a.k.a. swine flesh...

Copic markers are my coloring medium of choice, I combined E93 and RV23 for the pig skin.  It actually matched Stampin' Up! Cameo Coral cardstock beautifully.  The other Copic markers used are:
Y11, Y21, W0, B21, B23.  Other papers - Stampin' Up! Ballet Blue and Bazzill Lemon.

The reason for my card is the Can You Digi It challenge that starts today, the theme is "button it up" so I used a Cheery Lynn Designs button die.  My layout is a sketch from Merry Monday, I really like their sketches and discovered that Merry Monday is a Christmas Card Sketch challenge.  

I also used an old Stampin' Up! French Script background stamp to mimic the script around the pig.  I couldn't come up with another color for that band so I used Copic markers on a scrap of X Press it then stamped over it when the ink dried.  I think I'd like to play with this sketch a little more!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Can You Digi It - Button It Up
LEJ Designs - Button It

11 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Jan I like your disgruntled pig...some days this is exactly how I feel - especially when cards and colouring don't turn out like they are meant to! hehe ;) Fun bright colours and I like the buttons xx

jimlynn said...

Too cute! Love the "swine flesh" color for this little guy too! Precious card.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the cheerful color combo you used!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is a great card.

nwilliams6 said...

Fun image (on my wish list) and you colored it so perfectly. Fun colors and design - this one makes me smile big!

Chris said...

What a fab fun card, love the image andcolours. Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs. Good luck. Chris xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, love the image and the new swine Flesh color is great too. Thank you for joining us this week at LEJ Designs. Abbie DT xx

Cathy Pulickal said...

This grumpy pig made me laugh out loud! I love his coral pinkness! :) Missin' you friend! Hope all is well!

Kathryn said...

Ohh I have a soft spot for piggies, very cute card
Kathryn @LEJ

Lelia Pierce said...

Bwahahaha! This pig cracks me up! Wonderful job!

XXX

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really adorable, I love the image and the layout and colour scheme are fabulous. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge blog
Lindsay xx