Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hambo Stamps Harvest Moon


I have a fun Hambo Stamps design team card to share with you today!
I used the rubber stamp Harvest Moon for my image and the rubber stamp sentiment "No Cracks" by Hambo Stamps.  

The Hambo Hoedown starts today too!
The challenge is to choose any technique from the Splitcoaststampers Resources Page to make your Hambo Stamps project. You'll need to list the name of the technique (as SCS labels it) and link the resources page in your blog post. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources

I actually made my card for the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Midweek Throwdown challenge, the theme is a color challenge.

I stamped my image on Copic X Press It and colored with Copic markers.  My grass and lower part of the sky is done using Isoprophyl Alcohol on a Q Tip swab and YG11 & BG000.  I used my cloud template for the clouds and the BG000 marker.  The card layout is Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps sketch #52.  I added the Quickkutz die cut sun to balance the layout as well as three black half pearls.

This was a super fun card to make, the only trouble I had was stamping my sentiment straight - I'm out of practice - after numerous attempts I got it!

I hope you'll have time to check out and play in both challenges this week!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Color Challenge
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - In The Garden
Celebrate The Occasion - Welcome Summer

15 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Lol Jan this is great! Hahaha what a great image and sentiment ;)

Judy Rozema said...

Love your layout and the color blocking in the background! Super neat!

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, I'm still laughing. That crack look familiar. LOL Love the sentiment. You picked nice summer colors to showcase this gardener. Enjoy your day.

Jen M said...

This is toooo funny! What a great card. :)

JoAnn Ross said...

Too fun! I love the summer colors and the layout. As for multiple stamping the sentiment, since it took me three times today to get my challenge card sentiment right, I feel much better knowing I'm not alone. :)

Carol L said...

Oh My Gawd, what a funny card! I just LOVE this one! LOL

Kecia said...

Out-of-this-world coloring, and the colors themselves are fabulous.

Such a funny card, Jan. Thanks for the laugh!

Kristie said...

What a fun card! You do an awesome job coloring. (Still one of those things I don't do as a card-maker.) Love all the embossing and your sun is a perfect finishing touch.

Adrian said...

Very funny, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Jennifer said...

This layout is just perfect for this! Love your choice of embossing folders and your sun you've used!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Jan, great card!!! Love your colouring!!!

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Jan! This card will definitely make someone's birthday more BAREable--sorry, I couldn't resist, lol! Great job; great details; thanks for the chuckle!

EmeralDQueen said...

Hahaha that is a funny card, nice!!!

Valerie said...

This card made me laugh! Love it!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a fun image, certainly is going to bring a big smile to someone's face! Thanks for joining us this week for our "Welcome Summer" challenge @ CTO :)