Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pixie Dust Studio Walter & His Pup


I have a just for fun card to share using the Pixie Dust Studio Walter & His Pup digital image.  

They are colored with Copic markers W0, W1, W3, W4, T3, R20, B0000, B02, B05, E000, E00, E11, E41, E42, E43, YR21, YR24, Y21, YR04, YR07, YR09, YG05, YG25, YG23, YG13.  I used I Heart 2 Stamps May sketch for my layout, a little late for that challenge but still great inspiration!

As I was working with the green panel of paper I changed my mind.  I'd colored a scrap of Copic X Press It with YG13 and colored in the dots with B05, the dots didn't match Walter's shorts the way I wanted them to so I grabbed a couple of my hole punches and went to work.  As I was punching holes I realized my card would qualify for Splitcoast Stampers Ways To Use It #377, Let's Get Negative challenge.  
I love it when that happens!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Splitcoast Stampers - WT377 Let's Get Negative
Digital Tuesday - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Friendship
Fashionista Challenge - Simply Summer
Forever Friends - For The Boys
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

15 comments:

AllisonG said...

What a creative idea to punch the holes - a happy accident! Love how you did the sand, too.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love the fun colours jan and this image is so cute :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the cute image. TFS.

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, you are always thinking. Great idea to punch holes in your paper that way. This image is so cute. Great coloring. enjoy your day.

nwilliams6 said...

I love the way you did the bg panel- that is sooo fun. Lovely coloring - just a fantastic card!

Rina said...

So delightfully cute and bright summery colors!

Thanks for joining in at Fashionista!

Rina Fashionista

Linda said...

I saw your card on Make It Monday I love the vibrant colours you have used on your card and the layout love Linda

Rene said...

Absolutely adorable! Your colors are perfect for a summer card! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM!
Good luck!
Rene :D

Gaynor Greaves said...

Gorgeous, bright summery card, love the image, gorgeous, Gaynor, saw you on MIM xx

Laine said...

What a fun and creative card. Perfect for summer.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionista this month.
Hugs
Laine
X

Cathy Pulickal said...

I always love your use of color and great layouts - this image is adorable! I LOVE that little dog! :)

Diane Louise J said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at FOREVER FRIENDS 'One For The Boys' Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again for our next challenge.
Hugs Diane x

Debs M said...

what a fun card, saw it on mim and came by for a closer look x

Helen Berry said...

Oh my word - this is so adorable!! Gorgeous bright colours and you can just feel the warmth and sunshine radiating from it. I love your colouring - especially the way you created the sand. Thankyou so much for sharing it with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week - really hope to see you next time too!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the whimsy card. Great coloring. Great idea on teh punched holes. Thank you for entering the Tuesday Throwdown Friendship challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Guest Designer Tuesday Throwdown