Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hambo Stamps Snorkel Boy


My card today is for the Hambo Hoedown, it's my first card as a Hambo Stamps Bacon Bit!
The challenge today: It's a sparkling sea adventure for SNORKEL BOY! Glitter, Stickles, atyou Spica pens, glittery embossing powders, etc. - It's all about the SPARKLE as we dive into the depths of the sea.

BONUS OINKS for those that use one of the Father's Day sentiments and still have a masculine card with sparkle!

I colored Snorkel Boy with Copic markers B12, B0000, G0000, BG0000, Y13, Y15, R24, R27, R20, YR61, YR65, YR68, E81, E84, E70, E71, E74, E000, E00, E11.  I used Stickles Ice and Glossy Accents on my card in the bubbles, extra bubbles and his face mask as well as fish fins.  I wish my sparkle showed up better though! 

The layout for my card is the Sweet Stop Sketch challenge #160.  I made my own paper using Copic X Press It, Isoprophyl Alcohol and B12 Copic refill then dropping drops of Copic colorless blender on the paper after the ink was dry.  I was going for the ric rac looking like sea weed but I'm not so sure I "feel it".  I think that's just the way it is when you are making something really important instead of just playing in a challengeThe ric rack is a Papertrey Ink die and the button is a Cheery Lynn Designs die.

I hope you'll join us over at the Hambo Hoedown this week and play along.  Be sure to stop by and see all the fabulous design team creations using Snorkel Boy!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Hambo Hoedown - Sparkle
Fashionista Challenge - Simply Summer
Forever Friends - For The Boys + animal
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Congrats on your new dt position Jan! I love how you are a bacon bit ;) hehehe. Super cute image and I love the technique on the background :)

Judy Rozema said...

I love your background paper you made, Jan! It looks perfect for Snorkel Boy! So glad to have you on the team!

Unknown said...

Precious and so cute. You are amazing girl

jimlynn said...

So very cute, Jan! Love how he really looks like he's swimming!
Lynn

Jennifer said...

This is such a great porthole to see the swimmers! Love the added bubbles!

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, outstanding card. Your background came out perfect and I love the twine /button feature.

Kecia said...

Jan, what a great debut! Your coloring is masterful, and I really like all of the elements on this card. They truly work well together. I'm loving that strip of red!

Kris Chirhart said...

Jan, wow! I love the background technqiue you did!!! Amazing! Happy to be on the Hambo DT with you!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Great card Jan!!! LOVE that paper you used!!!. Great to have you on the team as well.!!!

Deborah Anton said...

Great paper you made! Love the water feel of this whole card! Great to work with you!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Fantastic paper Jan!! Love the colors!!! Beautiful!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith