Friday, November 30, 2007

SC152 And Hannah

So, last night after my blog post I did take a little detour and went to bed really satisfied with myself, my card? it just felt good to play for awhile and I liked what I came up with.

I have a friend that I had this card in mind for and actually took it to her this morning. She loved it.

I haven't done a sketch challenge in ages and have really missed them. The Hannah images are big enough I thought she'd work out nicely using SC152 and I was right. My card size is an A6 and I think the sketch challenges are made for the A2 size cards. I like the bigger palette to work with. I remember back to a time when I couldn't cover that much space! I can now...

I've worked on Christmas cards today and this batch of 40 is progressing nicely. I stopped and took a break when the kids got out of school. We visited our local scrapbook store, today was it's last day in operation. I'm sorry to say it's just a memory now. The town I live in is pretty small so supporting a scrapbook store didn't work out.

I did buy some georgous Basic Grey Stella Ruby paper for 75% off that will be fun to use for classes. I picked up some spools of ribbon and other odds and ends too. I spent my twenty bucks wisely! Supply List: Stamps by Hannah, Paper - White, Confetti White, Nut Brown, Stampin' Up! retired designer paper. Ink - Noir Black, Basic Brown, Accessories - Copic markers, Copic Spica glitter markers, Primas, Brad.

I've never done paper piecing before, it's really fun! Her dress and 2 of the bags are the Stampin' Up! retired designer paper. Funny how you keep something like that around for years not knowing what to use it for and then...

We are getting rain here this evening, it's a "winter" storm for us. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 61 degrees, brrrr. Sounds silly, I know.

Have a great weekend, I'll be back with you soon.

12 comments:

Kim said...

TOO CUTE! I will have to learn paper piecing.. I love this look...
TFS!
Kim :)

Diane said...

Great card Jan,love the pink and black together!! Aren't those stamps wonderful!!Love your card!

CreativeMish said...

Very cute card! I love how she coordinates with you background paper.

tyrymom29 said...

I love this card so cute !!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, and I love the paper piecing!

Kelly L said...

OOh, Jan! I like your Hanna better! I love that pink dp you used for her dress and bags, and I have it too! I just have to pull it out. The prima looks very nice as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

~Jules~ said...

Hi there,
I am one of your fellow SBS4sisters,
love your blog,
you have some amazing creations, looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work!
I will check back in soon!

Linda said...

Hi Jane;
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It's GREAT to actually have other people read my blog.

Yes, I can make the pictures bigger. And I will make them clickable but that night I just didn't. Sorry.

Linda

Tammy said...

Cute Hanna card!! I just got my first Hanna set and can't wait to play. I look forward to seeing more of your projects:).

Your SBS4 sister,
Tammy

Jane said...

Love the card! Great job on both the sketch and the paper piecing. I did both challenges as well...but on two different cards. I love the look of paper piecing but had the cutting out. But yours looks great.

Jane
Fellow SBS4 sister

Marjorie said...

Hey Jan, I'm one of your SBS4 sisters :D I love this card. I have this Hanna but haven't inked her up yet since I've been playing with the Christmas one :D

Kristine said...

:) Love it! Your paper piecing is awesome...one of my favorite things to do on cards like this. I'm glad you joined the SBS4!! :)