Saturday, November 10, 2007

What a fun day we've had!!

Are you ready for some pictures today?! I hope so... Remember that Shop Till U Drop event I was supposed to be at today? Uhh, I had a better offer and changed my plans! I got a phone call from one of my Stampin' Up! demonstrator friends telling me we were invited to Camille's house Saturday, Paula was coming to visit! Cool, I'm in! Paula is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator from California who vacations in Lake Havasu for about 10 days each year and when she's here she invites us to spend a day with her. It's too fun! The first picture of is of me starting our first project. It's an All Occasion Treat Box, Paula loves to make boxes and taught us to make several today.

I'm sitting there looking confused because Judy (my upline and dear friend) had handed me her cutter and it was like trying to use something totally foriegn that I'd never seen before. I'm used to the big guillotine cutter at home and this was one of those that the blade slides back and forth to cut and is about 5 inches wide. Ah, what do I do with this?!

This next picture is Paula showing Dagmar and Camille how to make something with one of the Stampin' Up! punches.

We were all totally involved absorbing and learning everything Paula had to show us. I can't believe we spent 6 hours together, it went so fast. Whew, Creative overload! This little purse is one of the projects we made with Paula today. It uses a 12 x 12 sheet of double sided designer paper. She told us she found it on Jenn Diercks blog.
I wanted to show all the angles of the purse, it will make a cute gift bag for little things.
It's decorative and functional! I wish you could see more of the paper inside, the other side of this paper is really pretty. Oh well, the paper is called Spring Flowers and is retired. I haven't bought any paper in the new almost old now catalog yet because I feel "designer paper challenged". After today I think I can do this!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Gucci eat your heart out.. LOL
WOW.. we really did have a great day!!!!!

My Paper World said...

LOVE your gift bag, it's beautiful!
It looks like you had great fun!

Rose Ann said...

How fun!! Great photos....and I LOVE the bag!!

Diane said...

The G on the bag must stand for Gorgeous!!! Cause that bag is gorgeous!!