Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bug A Boo Stamps Cowboy

It's Oldie But Goodie Thursday at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug today!

I used two cute images from the Cowboy Collection, they are colored with Copic markers E41, E42, E43, E44, E00, E000, R02, R37, R24, R22, B97, B45, B21, W3, W1, W0, C6, C3, C1, C00, Y13, Y15, Y18, YG11, YG13, YG17. 

The layout and sentiment for my first card were inspired by Operation Write Home, I thought using the horse shoe to spell out "miss you" would be great for a service person to send home to their child. 
Especially a little cowboy! 

I used Stampin' Up! Brocade Blue, Kraft, Neenah Solar White and Red Linen card stocks.  The red panel was stamped with the Paisley background stamp by Stampin' Up! and the Kraft panel was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.  I also used the Stampin' Up! Just Jeans background stamp on the Brocade Blue.  The "miss" part of the sentiment was computer generated.
My second card uses the same papers with a different layout, I used Spellbinders circles and pinking circles, my Scor-Pal for the scored lines on the Kraft panel and a computer generated birthday sentiment.

You can see the entire Cowboy Collection at Bug A Boo Stamps, I put a link in the name for you. 
I know, I know, I'm an enabler...  these are just too cute not to want to share!

Challenges:
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Cards 4 Kids Missing You Theme 

10 comments:

Jenny said...

This is so super cute Jan!

Unknown said...

Jan, those are so cute. I love the first one especially. He is great.

Shirley G said...

so cute Jan, I really like the Miss U card. Great coloring on both cards.

Lisa Oliver said...

I adore both cards but am specifically drawn to the Miss U because of the S&S Challenge. Wow, what a great idea! And yes, you are an enabler - but that's what I like most about you! lol Happy New Year!

She's a Color Queen said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

Michele Lourenco said...

Jan these cards are awesome and I especially love the first. Great way to use the horseshoe

Rae Anne said...

Oh Jan, cowboys are my absolute favorite!!! You just made me day with your little red, white, and blue buckaroos! :D MWAH!

Lesley said...

Too cute, great coloring on your image!

Unknown said...

This bug a boo collection is so cute and your creativity with them makes such a difference!!!

Carrie said...

what sweet images these are and I love the colors you used. Great coloring too