Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Sprout

Hello!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family.  Life is getting a little more  back to normal at our house I think, the Christmas tree and decorations inside have all been put away.  You might think it's a little early to do all that but you'll see why if you click here.

We have a new challenge today at Michelle Perkett Studio, it's all about celebrating the New Year!
For my card I used Sprout because she's a party girl, she's colored with Copic markers T5, T3, T2, R27, R24, R22, cut out and matted with Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval dies.  I also used Neenah Solar White, Neenah Red Linen and Basic Black cardstock.  The polka dotted paper is a digital file for black and white polka dotted paper, I just used a sheet of Neenah Red Linen.

My card layout is pretty simple.  I thought Sprout would work well with a Spellbinder's Oval die so I used that to cut her out and added the black scalloped mat to frame it.  This combination didn't really "pop" when I put it on the polka dot panel so I measured the height and width of the ovals and cut a rectangle a little larger and matted it with black so it would show up well on the polka dot panel.  I didn't think it looked quite finished so I grabbed a piece of black from my scraps by my paper cutter and slid it under the red panel and liked it so I started sticking it all together.   I usually always lay all the pieces of my card out before I fasten it all down with double sided Scotch tape.  I'm a tape fiend :)   I hope my creative process makes sense!

Be sure to stop by our Michelle Perkett Studio challenge blog to see all the fabulous cards from our design team and see what the new challenge is all about!

Challenges:
Michelle Perkett Studio - Celebrate The New Year
Oh La La Creations - A Toast To 2011 
Paper Playtime - New Year's  
Woodware USA - Anything Goes

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Jan, love your card. I can understand taking your tree down, we use to have a cat that loved to sleep in ours. But somehow she never knocked it over. lol

jimlynn said...

He's a cutie - and ready to party! Love all the red and black. Wonderful card.
Lynn

Saskia said...

Great card, so cute!!

I wish you a New Year with lots of creativity and friendship!!

Saskia :)

Nancy said...

Such a sweet image!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Woodware USA challenge!

StampingbugKerry said...

What a fluffy puppy!!! Looks like my sister's dog. So cute. Love it! Thanks for participating in the WoodwareUSA DT. Good luck!

Kerry
WoodwareUSA DT

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh..this pup captured my heart

mum of two said...

What a great card! I love the image you chose, and the colors are wonderful. Thanks for playing with us over at Paper Playtime this week. Hope to see you again in the New Year :)

michelle

Wendi said...

What a gorgeous little puppy and your colouring is perfect
Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
Happy New Year
Wendi

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee CUTE! I like the red and black color theme.

Tammy said...

Another adorable card Jan! Gorgeous colors on this one too!!

Carol said...

A cute little fella.
Happy New year to you and thank you for joining us at OLL.
Carol
xx

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Ooohhh... she is so lovely in black!!!! What a great card you made! Thanks for joining us at MPS this week!
Have a fabulous yearchange!
Love you
Marion

Janis Lewis said...

Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

Anne Harada said...

Wow, how CAS and beautifully done! Thanks for joining the WWUSA challange!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh that puppy is adorable and your coloring is awesome! Thanks for playing with us at WoodwareUSA!

Claire said...

Wow Jan what a beautiful card, Sprout looks adorable in black :-)
Happy New Year
Claire xx

sammi said...

Ooooo I love polka dots! Fab card! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La in our Toast To 2011" challenge!