Friday, December 24, 2010

Bug A Boo Stamps Snowman


You've probably noticed I've been using a lot of Bug A Boo Stamps digital images lately.  I've been totally inspired and having so much fun working with them I can't seem to stop, so I have another card to share today...
It all started Sunday afternoon when I looked at the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge #48.  Wow, I loved the sketch and the sample card made by Samantha and was inspired all over again.  I could see Jodie's tall thin snowman image that was a Friday Freebie image a few weeks ago in those tall panels and there's a whole collection of the snowmen I could choose from!

I decided on the snowman with the bell and the snowman with the jingle bell.  I liked the first snowman because I wanted to "flip" the image so the snowman on either side of the one in the middle were facing each other.  Kind of...  So I re-sized the snowmen to fit the panels, flipped the first one in my Publisher software, printed and got busy coloring.  I used Copic markers YR04, YR07, T1, T2, T3, T5, B21, B24, B28, C00, C1, C3, C6, & G0000.  

It all went pretty quickly and I was ready to make the card base.  I used Stampin' Up! Brilliant Blue, Neenah Solar White and Papertrey Ink Basic Black.  I had a scrap of white embossed with the Sizzix snowflake embossing folder and thought it would be perfect for this and used it.  
Quick, simple & fun!

I need to mention it is Freebie Friday over at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug, go check it out and see what Jodie and the design team girls have in store for you today!

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Sketch #48
Stamps R Us - Anything Goes 
The Corrosive Challenge - Non Traditional Christmas Colors 
I Did It Creations - Anything Goes 
Drunken Stampers - Christmas Your Style 
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Winter's Last Hurrah
Everybody Art Challenge - First Snow 
Digit Doodle Shop's Best - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Jan, your colouring is fab! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas
Claire xx

jimlynn said...

Very cute Jan....love the little guys! Great card.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Gorgeous Jan! Love, Love the layout and colors! ...and I'll email you soon about the OWH card. Looks like March might work out! :o) MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Marilyn said...

This is so cute Jan... brilliant!
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us & Happy Holidays!

Sara said...

Very cute, thanks for playing along with DDSB!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the way you reversed the image on the side. Perfect images for that layout too.

Sandy said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch, Jan! Merry Christmas!!!

Sandy said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch, Jan! Merry Christmas!!!

Amy said...

adorable!! wondering how I missed the middle snowman......(adding to my wishlist)

skylife said...

Lovely! These snowmen are just awesome! Great color combination!
Thanks for joining us at DDSB and Merry Chrismas

Julie said...

Great card, Jan! Those snowmen are adorable. Thanks for playing along in the OWH Stars & Stamps Sunday Sketch challenge!

Jodie Mackrell said...

oooh!!! love the snowmen combination!! great job C:

Tammy Miller said...

This is great Jan, thanks for joining us at IDIC challenge blog