Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Looking Back - A Year In Review

I took a little time today and reviewed my blog for 2010.  I started back in January 2010 and scanned through each page rather quickly, wow... the memories...

I thought I'd like to take time today to share some of those memories with you.
  
I'd almost forgotten my friend Susan and I went to the CHA Consumer show in Anaheim California last January.  We had a great time, I won 1300 yards of ribbon from Offray!

The battle I was having with the contractor to finish my kitchen cabinets came to an end.
When I filed a lawsuit against him and took him to court.
Hired a new contractor to finish the job.
We made it to court in April 2010.  The judge heard our case and told us she'd take 5 or 6 weeks to make a decision.
When we got home from court that day my new contractor wanted to come over and finish installing my table.  He told me I'd never guess who his next job was.  Nope, never in a million years...  The judge who I'd just been in front of most of the day!  I asked how long it would take to complete her kitchen and he said, 
"oh, about 5 or 6 weeks"...
You guessed correctly, I won my case.  God is good!
I just love His sense of humor!

The contractor never paid me the amount I was awarded.  I opened a case with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors and we went to a hearing with them next.  The judge strongly suggested to the contractor that he pay me what I'd been awarded in civil court or he'd lose his contractors license and set a due date.  The due date passed, I was never paid the amount awarded me in court. 
The contractor lost his license. 

Long story short, I've filed all the paper work and am now waiting on the Arizona Registrar of Contractors to reimburse me for the amount owed.  Our next "waiting period" is January 11, 2011.  So I'm still patiently waiting and hopeful.  

The photos above are my kitchen which also doubles as my "stamp room", the cabinets under the mirror hold my craft supplies.  That's not totally true, I have infringed a little on the kitchen cabinets, you'll find my air compressor and some boxes of stamps and small paper pads with the coffee.  


 
I also wanted to share some cards and other projects.  
This was a design team project for In Style Stamps.



It's kind of fun to see how my coloring has improved over the past year.


I was asked to be part of the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog administrative team in May 2010.  



I was asked to be a design team coordinator for Michelle Perkett Studio.


I served as a design team member for The Stamping Boutique.


I was asked to be on the Clear Dollar Stamps Digital Design team.


I'm a proud member of the Bug A Boo Stamps design team.

And last but not least another year has flown by with my husband and children.  I feel so blessed to have the privilege of raising 2 more beautiful healthy kids, watching them grow and change becoming the people God meant for them to be.  My husband and I have only been married about a year and a half and again I'm blessed that he found me and wanted to join in our family and raise two more kids in his retirement years taking such good care of us all.


Thank you Lord for being with me every step of the way I couldn't have done it without You and I know You'll be right next to me in the year ahead. 

Hey!  Thinking of Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps, there's a new Midweek Throwdown challenge starting today and it's "cards for kids with a missing you theme", go check it out!


7 comments:

Shirley G said...

very sweet post Jan. It's amazing how we DO change in just a short years time, hey?
Great cards, good luck in getting your money. He'll "pay" in the long run.

Happy Crafting,
Shirley G

Unknown said...

You have had quit an eventful year. Your room looks great, too bad you went through so much to get it completed. Love all your cards and your children are beautiful!
Shelley

Jenny said...

Oh Jan, what a great year in review! I'm sorry to hear about your kitchen story. I hope you get what you have been waiting for. Makes me feel better about my milk truck story =) You have some very nice cards here! Best of luck in 2011!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Even though you are still waiting resolution, I love your kitchen story -- especially the contractor who finished the job. You have some fabulous storage in there!

Then, those fantastic projects! WOW Jan! Love your little digi image purse. Then the OWH card and the Michelle Perkett card with your fabulous coloring!

Unknown said...

Brilliant use of those kitchen cabinets, too. I totally remember that Hero card. It was so striking.

She's a Color Queen said...

I loved your stamp review, I think I may do something similar.

I hope you win your court case against the contractor. Your kitchen turned out beautiful and I love your stamping drawers and area.

Beautiful children too Jan, you have been blessed!

grandmalee said...

I love seeing your completed kitchen & how you incorporated your stamp room with it. It's great that you can keep an eye on things while you're stamping instead of being in a hole!
Love the projects in review! I always love your projects, and you definately picked some of my favs! Here's to a wonderful New Year!