Friday, December 31, 2010

Bug A Boo Stamps Dottie

Wow... it's the last day of the year, I can hardly believe it...  It's also Freebie Friday at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug & it's my pleasure to introduce you to Dottie.


Dottie is one of Jodie's newest characters, I can hardly wait to see the rest of the collection later today!!!  She should be available in the Bug A Boo Stamps store by noon today as well as the entire collection.

I was so tempted to give Dottie red hair but colored her dress pink... being in a family of red heads, they don't wear pink.

  She's colored with copic markers RV00, RV21, RV23, RV25, T3, T5, E49, E47, E44, E31, E00, E000, R02, cut out with Spellbinders oval and scalloped oval dies.  I also used patterned paper on my card, it's Basic Grey Bittersweet that I've been hoarding. 

The layout is from a Mojo Monday sketch, I don't think you'd recognize the sketch now though.  The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink stamp set and as a finishing touch I added three tiny pink rhinestones to the oval.  

Be sure to stop by Catch The Bug to see what our other designers have done with Dottie and also a link to the store for a free Dottie of your very own!

Challenges:
The Character Cafe - Sparkle
Sunday Post Card Art - Anything Goes 
Crafty Emma's - Anything Goes 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab card Jan!!! I am so glad you are on the Bugaboo team and can inspire me with Jodie's wonderful images. May your new year be filled with happiness and blessings!!

jimlynn said...

She's a cute one for sure!!!! Love that layout you used too. Great card.
Lynn

Jenny said...

I love this layout Jan! I also love what you did to Dottie's hair! Great color combos! Happy New Year!

Jodie Mackrell said...

Awesome job Jan! love the colors and sentiment!

Samantha said...

OMG I love the image!! Your card is amazing like always! Did you use something to highlight her hair?

Rae Anne said...

What a terrific sketch Jan, and OMG do I freakin' love what you did to Dottie's hair!!! :D MWAH!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just downloaded this freebie...she makes me smile.....

Love the card you created to showcase this cutie

Happy New Year

Amy said...

This is great Jan. Love the brown and pink. Love the blingy flair in her hair. Nice touch :)

dj1952 said...

Great card. I also love the pink and brown. Thanks for joining us at TCC this week. Hugs, dj

Carrie said...

what a great layout! love this color combo too.