Thursday, March 15, 2012

Digital Delights by Louby Loo Lonely Pups


I have a couple of fun design team cards using several new digital stamps from Digital Delights by Louby Loo.  For both cards I used Lonely Pups, Lonely Pups Accessories, Pampered Paws digital paper pack & Missing You sentiment set.

Do you ever feel like just coloring?  I do sometimes, coloring gives me peace and takes me away from all the stuff that sometimes goes on in our ordinary everyday lives.  I've felt like coloring a lot lately!  

Both of my cards today go in my Operation Write Home box and will be entered in our OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge, the theme is "Miss You".  I don't usually make square cards so I made this one 4.25 X 4.25 so it will fit in an A2 envelope.  I thought Wendy's pups would be perfect for the challenge!

I have supply lists today:
ALL DDSTAMPS USED:  Lonely Pups, Lonely Pups Accents, Missing You sentiment set
CS AND PAPERS:  Copic X Press It, Via Vellum Basic Black
INK:  HP LaserJet
MARKERS (if any):  Copic T0, T1, T2, T3, T5, T7, T9, C00, B000, E29, E99, E25, E53, E33, E31, E30, YG63, YG23, YG21
ACCESS. AND EMBELLISHMENTS:  None
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any):  Sky/cloud background w/ copic markers


I watched a Copic coloring video the other morning on how to color fur so I gave it a try for this cute Schnauzer pup of Wendy's.  My parents had Schnauzers when I was growing up so this image was fun to color for me.  The layout is a sketch I had to try from Merry Monday #9 and the papers I used are in my supply list below:

ALL DDSTAMPS USED:  Lonely Pups, Pampered Paws digital papers, Missing You sentiment set
CS AND PAPERS:  Pampered Paws digital paper pack, Via Vellum Basic Black, Bayou, Copic X Press It
INK:  HP LaserJet, HP OfficeJet
MARKERS (if any):  Copic BG0000, BG45, BG49, W0, W1, T2, W3, W5, W7, Y26, Y21, R11
ACCESS. AND EMBELLISHMENTS:  Spellbinders dies, Papertrey Ink dies
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any):  Sketch challenge – Merry Monday #9

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

15 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Aww Jan these are gorgeous! Love the sweet images and your fantastic colouring!

NancyD said...

Two very cute puppy cards. I love the simulated hair in your coloring - very nice! NancyD

Rhonda Miller said...

These are both such cute cards. TFS.

Wendy Hall said...

Brilliant Jan, and the coloring is out of this world:)
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

JoAnn Ross said...

Aw. They both made me smile, and having three rescued dogs myself, tugged at my heart. Who wouldn't LOVE getting these?

Although I've been scrapbooking about 12 years and making cards for troops about 8, I'm new to stamping and Copic. But I've found that coloring really relaxes me. Sort of like taking me back to 2nd grade, I guess.

Your coloring is amazing and you also have me tempted to try digital, something I've been avoiding since I already spend 8 hrs a day on a computer and enjoy the tactile sense of playing with paper and scissors.

Donna Hanley said...

Two exceptionally nice cards, Jan (I'm a sucker for animals). On your first card you made such a nice scene and your sky is spot on. The coloring is outstanding. The second card is colored perfectly also and I love the papers that you used. These will certainly put a smile on some faces.

Lee Mae said...

Hi Jan! Love your cards; your coloring is fabulous. I have this set and I debated between using the image I did for my challenge card or one of these guys! I'm glad I got to see them on your blog. Love the layouts too - the second one is intricate, yet very clear at the same time. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

kare said...

Good Morning Sunshine!!
w/Love
~Mr.& Mrs. "B"

Cynthia T said...

Those sad puppies are precious! Their facial expressions really send the message home ;)

Joey said...

Two super cute cards Jan. Joey x

Sharon Huffman said...

How cute! I'm a dog lover and a veteran and so these are perfect!

SusanS said...

Precious cards! They will definitely bring a smile to the recipients face. Great coloring and paper choices!

AllisonG said...

Love your cute pups!

Sorry you are "needing" to color more. I hope things are okay with your husband. Any news?

Sharon in Arizona said...

Adorable!!!! Digital Delights has some really cute digi's. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Sharon :o)

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Jan -- I really like both of your cards. I love to do cards with dogs - and love these two - but I am not one to color so I will just have to admire these from afar. Your coloring is fantastic. I love the papers too. Thanks for your inspiration.

Sharon S.