Thursday, March 8, 2012

Digital Delights by Louby Loo Mother's Day Luvvy Bear


I have a fun Mother's Day card to share today, I thought Luvvy Bear would go great with this Mother's Day circular sentiment for my card.  You can find both Luvvy Bear and the Mother's Day sentiment at Digital Delights by Louby Loo.

I've had the idea of how I wanted my card for days and days but I really struggled coloring my image, first I tried coloring on Neenah Solar White with Copic earth tones and it just wasn't working for me.  Sometimes I have a hard time with the earth tones family of Copic markers getting a good blend.  After tossing a couple Luvvy Bears in the trash I printed him/her again on the last scrap of Copic X Press It I had and started over with different E Copics and was more successful I'm happy to say.

I wanted Luvvy Bear cut out to go over the circular sentiment, while cutting I lopped off my rose, oh man... 
lol, I'm not used to having "off days" crafting (:  but I know we all do!

All in all I'm very happy with Luvvy Bear the Mother's Day card.  It's going in my Operation Write Home box and will get shipped out soon as the Mother's Day card deadline is coming up pretty quick.

I have a supply list for you today below:

Stamps:DDLL Luvvy Bear, Mother’s Day circular sentiment
CS & Papers: Neenah Red Pepper Linen, Mohawk Bright White, Copic X Press It, Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet, Astro Brights Jupiter Java
Ink: HP OfficeJet, HP LaserJet
Copic markers:  E11, E13, E23, E25, R29, R27, R24, R22, YG05, YG63
Accessories, and embellishments: Spellbinders circles, Sizzix embossing folder, Die-namics heart border die

I hope you'll stop by the Digital Delights by Louby Loo blog to see all the creative inspiration from our design team today too.

Thanks for visiting my blog -

Challenges:


8 comments:

Wendy Hall said...

Darling work Jan:)
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a cute card. TFS.

Lee Mae said...

Hi Jan! That little bear is so cute, and your coloring came out perfectly. I know what you mean about some days being a struggle. I had to stop for awhile yesterday because the flower image in my last card was just killing me. I'd get tot he last flower and use too much ink and outside the lines my ink would go! Aggh! Here's to better and more fun crafting times!

Yvonne B. said...

Jan, Luvvy is very cute! I'm sorry you felt like it was an "off day," but your card turned out very cute!

Cynthia T said...

This is just too darn cute! And pretty at the same time. Love the digi and love the bright red colors!

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous color combo, Jan, and I adore the image. Delightful for a Mother's Day card!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Your Luvvy Bear is adorable and you did a great job coloring. It is good to know that I am not the only one that has "off days" crafting. By the looks of this card -- I would say you are having an "on" day. Love all the little accents on the card too.

Shannon White said...

This is So Adorable Miss Jan! 8-) Love your Fabulous Layout and you know I love that Sweet little teddy too! 8-)

Hope you are doing Wonderfully my friend! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon