Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Peddler's Pack Apple Background


I'm not sure if you've noticed but I'm not on as many design teams right now, we weren't sure how much time and traveling we will have to do for my husbands prostate cancer treatments so I didn't renew my design team commitments.  I didn't want to disappoint anyone by not meeting design team deadlines.  We've had an out of town appointment almost every week for several weeks now and they will continue until at least the end of April when he has the Brachetherapy.  There will be follow up appointments in the future too.  I do have good news about his prostate cancer though, we've been told it's in the beginning stages and curable.  
Praise God!  My Dad died of prostate cancer March 14, 2008 so initially this diagnosis was devastating for me.  

On to happier things...

Not being on as many design teams has given me more time to color and play with stamps and images that have been waiting for me.  I've been enjoying coloring very much, practicing shading and trying out new color combinations.


Have you ever had to color the same stamp or image several times in different colors?


Ahhh, me to...


This is a background stamp and takes quite a bit of ink to color, the larger the image the more difficult it is for me to get the shading and blending smooth.  My R27 went dry and  I had to wait for a refill to finish.  I've found a couple of places to buy these stamps, the first is Peddler's Pack and then E Bay.  I really like the way the artist has shaded these apples using black dots, I don't have to decide where my light source is coming from.  I've been working on making my coloring of objects more realistic.  
Do you think they look good enough to eat?!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Love To Create - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - Go Green (:
Use Your Stuff - Anything Goes

21 comments:

AllisonG said...

Your apples are fabulous and quite realistic! While it's not for a good reason, I'm happy for you that you are getting time to color what you want. Design teams are great, but sometimes you need time for yourself and your family!

Cassie said...

I'll definitely be praying for more good news about your husband, Jan. I'm sure this time is extremely difficult.

As far as your coloring. . .I've always been in awe of that. You're such a talented designer :)

kare said...

God Is Good! All the Time.
Thanks for sharing the Good news .. in more ways than one.
Your creations are delectable!)
*Buzzz & Blessings

Donna Nuce said...

Jan these are so yummy I could eat them!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are all fantastic cards. I love your coloring.
That is some great news about your husband. I'll be praying for you both.

Anonymous said...

Jan, in 2007, my husband was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. I too had a lot of fear because my brother had died very young from the same disease. We opted for a very precise type of radiation and he has no signs of cancer now. So, we will pray for both of you to have the same results he did.

Anonymous said...

Jan, in 2007, my husband was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. I too had a lot of fear because my brother had died very young from the same disease. We opted for a very precise type of radiation and he has no signs of cancer now. So, we will pray for both of you to have the same results he did.

Unknown said...

Oh my these are gorgeous! I love the different looks.
Thanks for joining us on the Use Your Stuff blog this week.

Barbara said...

I love how each of these looks so different with the use of different colours.
Thanks for playing along with the Use Your Stuff challenge this week. Look forward to seeing you again.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colouring Jan, those apples look delicious.


Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Jackie Randolph said...

eeek Jan, your coloring is gorgeous on all three cards. Such a beautiful stamp!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Love to Create challenge.

Kathy V. said...

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry to hear about your hubs, but glad to hear the good news. Sending you hugs and lots of prayers.

And your apples are absolutely wonderful! Love the various colors, and I think your blending looks great.

Rene said...

I'm so glad to hear your husband's positive prognosis!
Your cards are stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week!
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

Carol L said...

Your cards are amazing with your coloring skills, but I'm so pleased to learn that your DH is doing well these days! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a great outcome and that you both have many years to spend together : )

Stamping Shanni said...

These look so real that my mouth is watering. Your colouring is breathtaking. So sorry to hear about your recent woes, heres ((hugs)) is the hope that things improve.
Stamping Shanni

Crafty and Green said...

Fantastic Cards! Wonderful Coloring!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge & For sharing your talents with us!! Come back and join us again soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Lisa Oliver said...

Thank you for the update on your hubby, I am relieved to hear the good news.

The apples are AMAZING! and yes...the DO look good enough to eat! I may just have to go get one now!

Hugs, Lisa

Chris (catt871) said...

These look good enough to eat for sure!!!!! I LOVE your colouring...very professional!!!! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create challenge this week!
Hugs,
Chris

Heide said...

All of your apples look so yummy! Fantastic coloring. Saw you on MIM.
Hugs, Heide

luvthatstampin said...

Your coloring techniques are incredible! I can see I don't use enough colors when I color my stamp/digis. I wish you and your husband good luck with his treatments.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Your card has been Featured on the Use your Stuff blog.