Friday, March 23, 2012

Pinterest - Mother's Day - Scraps


I wasn't sure what to title my blog post today, I used a Mother's Day stamp and some punches and dies to make my cards.  I've been browsing Pinterest a lot lately, each time someone repins one of my pins I get an e mail so I go visit their boards and do some more pinning.  Sounds kind of addicting doesn't it?!

I've been so busy the past few months with design team assignments that I hadn't given myself much freedom to create just for the sake of creating.  I haven't had any spare time for that but I do now so I've been having fun browsing Pinterest and C.A.S.E.ing some of the fabulous cards I've pinned.  Today's cards are C.A.S.E.d from Pinterest using scraps from that ever growing pile beside my paper trimmer.  

I also learned on Pinterest how to make the banners using a square punch, after seeing the picture I thought - "ohh duhhh"...

(photo courtesy of Pintrest)

...so that's what that old Stampin' Up! punch I have is for, cool!
I'm not a fan of paper punches, I'm a die collector.  They last longer for me and take up less space.

My second card I used Papertrey Ink's double ended banner die.  

My cards are for my Operation Write Home box, the deadline to have our Mother's Day cards to our shippers was a couple of days ago on the 20th.  My box of cards is already gone.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Alphabet Challenge - D is For Dry Embossing
The Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes

17 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome...I am going to case your case! TFS!!!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Chevrons and straight lines are the rage this month and you are always on top of your game...these are wonderful and I love the OWH card...how cute!

jimlynn said...

Both are fantastic! Love that look with the little banners!
Yes, Pinterest is very addictive I'm afraid....but I'm learning a lot also! I keep saying I'm going to CASE one every week....still haven't jumped into that yet!
Lynn

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great cards, love the banners with the colors. Have a great weekend.

Rhonda Miller said...

Both cards are fabulous. TFS.

Lisa Jane said...

These are just fabulous - a great way to use up your scraps and what a fab tip with the punch
Lisa x

Donna Hanley said...

Thanks so much, Jan, for showing us how to make the banner ends with the square punch. I always try to cut them and then I mess it up badly. I never even thought of using a punch. Maybe I should try look at punches in a whole new light. anyway both of your cards are spectacular. I love the colors and the papers in both. I'm glad to hear you are finding some time to just "play and enjoy". Enjoy your weekend.

Carol L said...

WOW! I LOVE the blue card, how striking are those blues!? Both cards are awesome, and so is Pinterest :) It's definitely my latest addiction :)

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

I have enjoyed your pins. Love the cards.

Lisa said...

Beautiful Card Jan! I have been looking around your blog. I love all of your creations! I am your newest follower!
Big Hugs!

Lesley said...

Beautiful cards! I love the blues on the first one!

Thank you for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Dry Embossing' challenge xx

Sharon in Arizona said...

Beautiful cards, Jan!!! Love your color combinations!! Thanks for the reminder about the square punch! I had seen this on one of the blogs some time ago and lately have been trying to remember what trick I had seen for doing this. Hopefully I won't forget this time. Hope all in your family are well - hubby and I have been down all week with the flu and know it's going around statewide but have not heard about La Paz County. Hope Rick is doing well. Give him and the kids my love. Big hugs, Sharon :o)

paige said...

Another Pinterest aqddict here! Love your scrappy cards! Such pretty papers you have used1

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Thanks for sharing I am so gonna try this too! Your cards beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Roxx

ps Love Pinterest!

Dixie Cochran said...

Jan, the blues in that top card are stunning! Beautiful cards! Glad you found a little time to create for the sake of creating.

Jacq said...

Hi Jan,
These are Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the different dps, the colour schemes are just gorgeous too. Love the layout and clever idea with the square punch...hmmm may have to go buy one now lol. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Sylvia x said...

Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour this week with you great card....love the layout of this card
Sylvia xx