Monday, March 12, 2012

MelonHeadz Bunny

 Congratulations to Kathy V. who won my Celebrating 100,000 Visitors Blog Candy!


I've been missing from my blog for a couple of days - our kids are out of school on spring break.  
It's day 10 and we've been doing pretty well keeping busy, they love playing games on my computer so that's part of why my blog has been quiet the last few days.  There have been sleep overs and extra people around as well as trips to Havasu for oncologist appointments for my husband.

I am happy to say I've had some time to color though!

My card today uses a MelonHeadz digital image.  When I saw this cute bunny of Nikki's I knew I had to color it, how fun!  My layout is a Splitcoast Stampers sketch from a few months ago.  The papers are Mohawk Bright White, Copic X Press It, Via Vellum Leaf Green & Basic Black, Stampin' Up! Ballet Blue and I made the patterned paper using wide Copic markers a Stampin' Up! background stamp and Copic blending solution.  

Copic markers used are:  E41, R81, B21, B23, YG01, YG05, YG63, YG67, E44, E43, E42, E41, YR09, YR07, YR04.  For the bunnies belly, ears and nose I experimented with E41 & R81 blended together and like the look.  My cloud background is a little darker than usual too with B21, it seemed a little dark so I went back over it with my blender marker. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Make It Monday's - Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge - Spring Colors
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4c127 Spring
Card Makin' Mama's - Let's See Some Green & must be "colored"
Glitter Geeks - Spring Is In The Air
Paper Makeup Stamps - Digi Makeover Challenge - Critters
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes 
ABC DT Challenge - Springtime

20 comments:

AllisonG said...

Love your coloring on your Melonheadz bunny. It looks like you used some tulle on the carrot top maybe? Very cute!

We just started our Spring Break here and at 9:45 AM my child is still sleeping which is unheard of with her!!! I guess she's enjoying her vacation. LOL

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the way you colored the image with the sky in the background. TFS.

She's a Color Queen said...

ADORABLE!! Those clouds are beautiful.

Louise Welsh said...

Such a fabulous card. thanks so much for joinging us at the glitter geeks blog challenge. louise xx

Heidi said...

How cute and springy/easter- you should come and join us on the ABC DT challenge this month.

http://abcdtchallenge.blogspot.com/

Heidi

Nikki said...

LOVE it! Super cute Jan.... thank you! Xox

Katy said...

Love this bunny!! Super cute card!!

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cute! Such a vibrant card! Saw this on MIM!
Nat -x-

paige said...

What an eye-popping card! the black layers really bring out the wow in your image and colors!

Rene said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! What a cute image and what fabulous design!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Shazza said...

what a fun card, saw it at MIM. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog x

Paula said...

Love it!! Everything looks so bright and cheerful, absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Adorable card love the bunny and his carrot. Great colours. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Carol C said...

Great card, really bright and "springy" :) Thanks for joining in at The Glitter Geeks this week, Carol :)

Pam said...

Such a cute image and card! Thanks for joining us at 2 Sister's!!

Penny said...

Thank you for sharing with us at the card makin mamas, i love the cloud effect in your card.

Rosie Gustafson said...

Love your card. The colors are so vibrant. Thank you for sharing on MIM.

Sarah Bennett said...

What a cute Spring card! LOve the great, bright "happy" colors! Thanks so much for joining us for the ABC DT challenge!

Michelle said...

Hi

Gorgeous card!! Your colouring of the sky just looks fabulous.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!! Love the fun bunny image and great layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC DT Challenge this month!!
~Sheri