Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Fun New Technique For Me

I'm really excited about these motorcycle images! My friend Pat in California sent them to me, she stamped them and then heat embossed them for me. There was one with a blue gas tank that she made look like metalflake paint, it was so cool!

I asked her how she did it and she filled me in. When I was at the LSS in Havasu yesterday I picked up some glitter and tried out her technique. I think it's a definate Wow!

There's only one drawback to this technique, drying time! I had to be patient and wait overnight for the Crystal Effects to dry.

This second card is "my" motorcycle, you see my favorite color is GREEN. Any color of green!

To make the motorcycle tanks look like they do I applied my two way glue to the inside of the gas tank and poured glitter over it. I gently shook off the excess and then applied Crystal Effects over the glitter. I used a paper clip to spread the Crystal Effects around where I wanted it and then left it alone to dry. The waiting was the hardest part!

I colored in parts of the bike fenders with my Stampin' Write markers and the engine parts with my new Prismacolor pencils. The photo corner is from a Sizzlets die, I didn't have the right colored brad for my green card so I made one. I took a silver brad and dipped it in Crystal Effects and then the jar of glitter and then again in Crystal Effects. It had to sit for awhile in my tweezers to dry.

The diamond plate paper is embossed and made by EK Success, it's part of their Harley Davidson design goodies.

Oh, and I used the sketch from Split Coast Stampers Sketch Challenge 120.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY cool cards! I like the techniques!

Anonymous said...

Now Jan,
did you really mean that is your motorcycle and that to me means you drive it??
I like the way you highlighted it.

Diane said...

Oh my Jan,my husband would love those,he's a motorbike freak!!
You did such a great job,they look awesome!!