Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lizzie Anne Designs ~ Jolies Fleurs

I've been having fun doing some stamping today with a newer set that I have by Lizzie Anne Designs called Jolies Fleurs. I like it!

I needed to make a thank you card for a friend and he wanted to add a picture to the card front.

I had some problems printing the picture so I started playing with the set I wanted to use without the picture and came up with my first card. It's actually a sketch challenge from Split Coast Stampers, SC119 and my second card is another sketch challenge, SC126.

Supply List: Stamps - Lizzie Anne Designs Jolies Fleurs, Thank You by Sweet Impressions, Paper - Apricot Appeal, Rose Red, Basic Black, Watercolor paper, Ink - Noir Black, Apricot Appeal, Rose Red, Accessories - Watercolor crayons, Aqua painter, Stickles Ice.


After I finished my first card I went out and got the picture from my friend because I wasn't having any luck printing it. The kids and I went for a drive and got to visit for awhile, it was a nice break this afternoon for us.

I chose the colors for this card by taking the colors of their shirts in the picture and using them together. I considered using my retired Denim background stamp because he's wearing jeans but really didn't want to add another color to the card. Too many colors can get to be a bit much for me.

I cropped the photo and mounted it on Basic Black card stock, then Pretty In Pink and Cranberry Crisp. When I set the mounted picture on the Cranberry card stock that's crossed over it blended into it too well so I cut a square of Pretty In Pink and then cut it diagonally to make a triangle so my photo would pop. I attached the crossed pieces so I'd know I had enough room to stamp the Thank You where I wanted it and then stamped the rest of the background.

I then attached the photo with foam tape so it's slightly raised and wanted to add a flower from my stash. My colors weren't quite right so I used one of the stamps from the stamp set and Cranberry Crisp ink and stamped on the flower, the pink flower wasn't quite the right shade so I squished it in my ink pad, then put them together and used a matte finish black brad. I'd really like to have the new Rhinestone brads from our Stampin' Up! catalog but don't so when I put the Stickles on the first card I thought... Gee I wonder... It'll work for now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jan
This is an absolutely beautiful card. I love it. I am a little skittish to buy stamps from other companies. I really don't know how to find them and buy them anyway.

Diane said...

Hi Jan, lovely card!

Risa said...

Your cards are beautiful Jan! I visited Lizzie Anne Designs and I think that they have some really nice stamps! WTG

Kristine said...

What a beautiful card--I never think to add pictures to them--this is awesome! :) Love the colors and the primas too. You rock!

Maria said...

Such beautiful cards Jan! I love the stamp image you used. I need to check out the Lizzie Anne Designs.

Thank you for participating in my challenge this week. You did a fabulously beautiful job! Your friend is lucky to have a "scrappy card" made by you!

You card is posted on Card Inspired!

Maria