Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator's Meeting Today!

We had our monthly Stampin' Up! Demonstrator's meeting at Judy's house today in Lake Havasu. Judy's my upline for Stampin' Up! This is a picture of Kim taking a picture and me cutting some of the paper we'd be using for our project today.



Our project today came from Taylor Vanbruggen's blog, Taylored Expressions. In my blog browsing a few months ago I saw this cute gift she'd made out of a Starbucks coffee container. I thought it was so cute and I had the paper! I told my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator girl friends about it and they wanted to make one too, so that was our project today at our meeting.



The girls are working on the project and visiting.
This project takes one sheet of 12 x 12 double sided designer paper cut into 4" strips. The first 2 wrap around the carrying carton and the 3rd strip is cut in half so it's approxamately 2" wide and wrapped around the carton again. We added some brown and white dotted ribbon to the carrying carton and the bottles, cut out tags using a Mega Circle punch (Marvy) and added brown flowers with cream colored button centers to the bottle caps.
A cute, quick and easy gift idea, thanks Taylor!

Judy, Jan, Kim, Diane, Dagmar
There's one of us missing - Camille, she gets to go home to Michigan for the summer. We always have a great time when we get together and miss our Stampin' Up! Sister when she's gone.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Jan.. thanks for sharing! WE did have a a great time.. I can't wait to make more for gifts.
Kim :)

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

What a darling project. I bet you guys had tons of fun :)

Pat's Paper Passion said...

What a good reason to imbibe in a mocha!! Looks like a fun group project.
Pat

Anonymous said...

I have this designer paper and I bought a double set of it because it is so great. I love what you did with those Starbucks bottles which I buy those sometimes. What a clever idea.
Your blog hit over 1500 yeaaaaaaaaa

Sew Club said...

I love this project! Chocolate and coffee - what better combination!

Diane said...

Looks like you ladies had fun!!
Nice project you did there!!TFS!!