Wednesday, July 4, 2007

SCS Color Challenge 121 / Sketch Challenge 131

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!


It's been a very relaxing holiday at our house. The kids even let me sleep late!

I've been on Split Coast Stampers most of the day wheeling and dealing in retired stamps,
wheels, paper, etc. I have a pile of stuff to take to the post office tomorrow, yea! Out with the old and in with the new.

I did have to apologize to one gal for selling a wheel she wanted to someone else. I didn't realize it was one of those "in demand" things and everyone jumped on it. I thought I was talking with the same person and I wasn't. Before I knew it the deal was done, paid for, packaged, done. I feel bad and I've hopefully learned to be more careful in the future with stuff like that.

Thanks for "listening" to my confession, I feel a little better.


I haven't really even decided what I should order from the new catalog yet.

I plan on starting a Stampers Club this month and I think I'd like to use this card from today's Sketch Challenge at SCS as our first card. It's also the Color Challenge for this week, my Bodacious Bouquet set with it's coordinating classy brass seemed like just the thing for this sketch challenge.

I used a Chocolate Chip base and layered a Pretty In Pink panel embossed with a Cuttlebug A2 embossing folder and an Old Olive panel stamped with the leaves from Bodacious and did paper piercing around them. It's too bad Stampin' Up! retired that embossing template, I like all the paper piercing possibilities it provides. I stamped the square of White cardstock with Pretty In Pink classic ink ( I would have perferred craft but don't have that one yet.) pierced around the flower using the (retired) coordinating brass template, sponged around the edges with Pretty In Pink and Chocolate Chip, trimmed off the corners with the Ticket Corner punch and mounted it on a square of Chocolate chip and trimmed the corners again with the punch. I mounted that on the card with my foam tape and added Stickles Ice to the center of the flower.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Jan, this would be a great card for a stamp club! It's very nice!
Can I join,lol.It would be an expensive stamp night for me!

Anonymous said...

Jan I lvoe all your cards. So you are getting a group going that is great. I am still looking for customers much less a stampers Group. I wish I could get one going.
I may have a party in Sept but it makes me nervous doing this in front of people I don't knwo. I get flustered enough with people I do know. I like the pick you sent of the bank and a little bit of Arizona. My girlfriend from high school lives in Lake havasu

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hey donna,

Thanks for your comments! I grew up in Havasu but went to high school waaaayyyyy back when but it was in Havasu!

For your next comment try the circle with "other" - it will ask your name and web page, put your e mail address in for the web page and see what happens.

I leave my comments as a google blogger.

You'll get the hang of it! I hope this helps!

Best wishes Jan