Thursday, July 19, 2007

RAK's - Sketches - Another Good Day Stampin'

I have to start out by saying THANK YOU to my friend Donna for this cute card! She sent me a package and this card she made was in it, simply adorable!


The second card is for the staff at swim lessons for my kids tomorrow. It's the last day of swim lessons and I wanted to let them know my kids have had such a wonderful time learning how to swim with them this summer, they've done an awesome job!

I didn't have any stamps with swimmers or water sports stuff so I found a couple of cute sickers. There's glare from my camera flash because the stickers are shiny, sorry about that.

I was blog browsing this morning and was at Maria's blog - Cards Inspired By Maria and saw this sketch. It spoke to me, pick me! pick me! so I did. I'm happy with the card except I still want those darn rhinestone brads from Stampin' Up!, I used Stickles again and got a little messy this time.

Supply List: Stamps - Thank You by Sweet Impressions, Paper - Green Galore, Pink Passion, White, SU Dots & Dashes DP Ink - Noir Black Accessories - Paper piercing tools, Primas dipped in Pixie Pink craft ink, Lime organdy ribbon, Silver brads with Stickles Ice added to them for bling.

My last card is Maria's sketch again. Mr. Brown arrived early today with our Stampin' Up! order so I had to cut out my one and only stamp set and play with it. I'm intrigued with this sketch so I had to try it again. I like the focal image being smaller and showing off more of the patterned paper. I didn't feel like there was room for the flowers though.

Supply List: Stamps - SU Fun & Fast Notes, Paper - More Mustard, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, White, SU Dots & Dashes DP, Accessories - Hot Pink Organdy ribbon, Paper Piercing tools, Sponges.

Oh!! I discovered another cool stamp company today - Missy B Designs. She has some really cute unmounted images and the prices are great! I know, I know ~ I'm an enabler, but you really should check it out!! ...and I don't know about you but I'll be going to Celebrate Recovery Friday night...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan! Great cards- perfect for the swim teacher! Love the cheery striped one too.. sweet!!!!

Amy said...

Loved your cards today! Using stickers is fun once in awhile. I don't scrap much but like to use stickers when I do. I love the card you did for the sketch. My favorite is the paper piercing and how you can see the patterned paper shades under the holes. At first I thought they were sparkles. Anyway, great cards. Have a great weekend!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable cards! Lucky you! You will LOVE those bug stamps. . .I sure do!

Diane said...

I'm sure the swim teacher will enjoy your card,it's awesome,love the colours!
And the b'day cake card is also gorgeous,you rock girl!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful work!! :)

Kristine said...

how adorably cute!! Love all of these :)

Maria said...

Beautiful cards Jan! I love what you did with the sketch. . .thanks for trying it out! Your bikini card is so cute. . .so appropriate for summer! Your birthday card is great. . .nice colors!

I love the different stamps that you use. Thanks for providing the details of your card. I have to look into the stamps that you use on your cards. I love them. They're really cute images!

Maria