Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cheery Lynn Designs Canadian Kaleidoscope Doily


I have a fun card to share today using Pollycraft's Evangeline along with some of my favorite dies from Cheery Lynn Designs and Spellbinders.  

Evangeline is colored with Copic markers YR24, YR21, Y21, B24, B23, B21, YG17, YG13, YG11, R85, R83, R81, R21, E00, E000, E0000, BG0000.  

My card layout was something I just kind of dreamed up.  I wanted to use the Cheery Lynn Designs Canadian Kaleidoscope Doily behind my circle frame but didn't feel like I had to use it all to have it look nice.  I trimmed about a quarter of it off and layered it behind my circle frame and under the blue panel.

The circle frame is made from Spellbinders circle dies, the flourishes are from the Doodle Parts Spellbinders set.  The cardstock I used is mostly from Sugar Shack, it's from The Paper Company's "In Full Bloom" textured value pack Linda sells.  The other papers are Neenah Solar White & Discount Cardstock's Royal Blue.  The little flowers are an EK Success punch and I added Dew Drops to the centers.  Almost forgot the Sizzix hearts embossing folder I used on the white panel. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
I Did It Creations - Children
Order of the Opus Gluei - No Sentiment
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Punches & Dies
Stampin' B's - Card With Clouds (behind her)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jan,
I sooo love the Cheery Lane Doilys. What a great idea to use part of one! Did you get my email? I haven't heard back from you, so I am wondering if it got lost in technology world?
Elizabeth
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Lisa Jane said...

ooh love the nestie and flourish on this card
Lisa x

jojoscraps said...

Hi Jan. Such a cute card. I love your colors and the doily is a sweet touch.
Jo xx

Love the Chibby

Kristen H said...

I think your coloring is amazing! I love the pink and green together and this is such a delightful image!!!

Thank you for playing with us at Opus Gluei.

Rosemary said...

I think this is a great card and would make a lucky young lady very happy - it definitely fits our challenge at Opus Gluei and doesn't need a sentiment. That's a good and thrifty idea to only use what you need of the doily and save the rest for another project! (I need to take this to heart!)

Thank you so much for participating with us and now that you know where we are, please come back to Opus Gluei for more challenges!

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

Very cute! Love it! Love the use of the Cheery Lynn Designs die!!

Jac’s Playground said...

WOW! fantastic card, love all the different elements to it very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, what a darling stamp, love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck xx

Cathy P in AZ said...

Such a pretty card, Jan! I love the use of the half doily...and the colors are so feminine! :)

Gini said...

Love your use of diecuts, super card!
Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei.
Gini
xx

Jana said...

All of the layers make for a very pretty card. Great coloring too. Thanks for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is so cute! I love the bright colors!

Thank you for particpating in the Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes challenge!