Friday, August 5, 2011

Doodle Pantry Quirky Skunk


We have new releases at Doodle Pantry today!


Here's what happening at the store -

You can get 5 great sets in this month’s digi grab bag for 50% OFF Aug. 5-19  
 You can get the newly released Rounded Wishes set for FREE with any purchase… no time limit!! 
ALL products in the “school” category are 40% OFF Aug. 5-28 (excluding templates) –*scroll clear down to see how you can get the newly released School Sheep and digi paper FREE!!

Starting today we have  a new Doodle Pantry Challenge!!  All you have to do is use ANY Doodle Pantry image and you will be emailed the new sets, School Sheep & School Time Papers!!  Everyone who plays wins!!

For my sample card today I used Doodle Pantry's Quirky Skunk digital stamp set, I think she's really cute!  I made my card in a rather unusual way for me this time and thought I'd go through some of the process with you, just for fun.

I first printed my two sheets of digital papers that come in this set, then went to my dies for a shaped card.  I cut out the Stampin' Up! Taken With Teal panel using the largest Cheery Lynn Designs French Flair scalloped die then cut out the striped Doodle Pantry digital paper with the French Flair regular die so I could layer them.  I wanted a strip of my Doodle Pantry polka dotted digital paper on there too so I cut a strip to fit.  I have a photo of how I did that below.


I taped my strip of paper face down on the cutting blades of my regular French Flair die to keep it in place.


There's the other side up for you before I ran it through the Grand Calibur.

I next decided how big of a circle my card would accommodate and used two of my Spellbinders circles to cut it out.  Then I could work on figuring out how large or small I wanted to print my Quirky Skunk.  In keeping with the scalloped theme I picked out my Spellbinders Eyelet Squares to see if one might fit inside my circle and it did and also a regular Spellbinders Square, it started coming together for me.


This photo is of my card in the process of being worked on, nothing is fastened down just laid out but coming to life.

I thought brads in the corner holes of the Eyelet Square die would be fun and I was pretty sure I could match the colors.  I then added black organdy ribbon and tied a bow using a couple of my Copic markers for a "bow easy" and for a finishing touch I used part of a Fanciful Flourish die made by Cheery Lynn Designs.

Be sure to make your next stop Doodle Pantry so you can see all the fun new digital stamp sets Laurie has for you and all the wonderful sample cards our design team has made!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Frosted Designs - Circles
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - A Shaped Card
Come and Get It Challenge - Anything Goes
Stampin' Sister's In Christ - All Creatures Great & Small
Fuzzy Wuzzy - Shaped Card w/ Animal



25 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card Jan, I love your skunk! Your card shape is terrific, thanks for showing us how you did it.
love your work!!

Thanks for joining the challenge over at Lexi's Creations!!

jimlynn said...

SUPER!!! Love your shaped card and thanks for the instruction on how you did it.
Lynn

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

VERY FUN card - thanks for sharing how you did each step - I should take more time to do stuff like that.

Barb Housner

Lorie said...

Would you look at that cute card! I thought the skunk was already adorable but I think you've made it even more cute! Great job!

Heide said...

This is so fantastic, love the fun papers. Great layout.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Jan, this is so adorable! I totally love the layout you used! I can't wait to use this cutie! Great creativity!
Hugs, Sarah

Patti J said...

Fabulous card, and thanks so much for showing us how you achieved it!!! I'm liking the shaped cards more and more each time I see them! Thanks for sharing...

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wonderful, marvelous layout and that skunk is too stinkin' cute. Ordered my bg0000 copic yesterday....practicing my clouds...haha

Lisa said...

So sweet and I love the shaped card! Thanks for sharing how you created it.

earthspirit927 said...

What an adorable card:) I love your color choices! Thank you for joint us this week for Anything Goes at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Good luck and have a wonderful weekend.

Melissa

Karen Howard said...

Jan, this is fabulous! Love all the die cuts.

Laura said...

What a super cute card! and thanks for sharing. I have to give it a try.

Cathy P in AZ said...

Jan - this is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the polka dot stripes on that skunk, the colors are perfect, the LO is so clever! A true favorite!

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous card, with stunning dp....

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love that cute dotty skunk.. what fab fun papers
Thanks for Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Hazel said...

What a great card. Love your colourful skunk. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion for our anything goes challenge. Good Luck,
Hazel
GDT August

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan
Thank you for sharing your awesome tutorial!!x

This is such a wonderful creation. Thank you so much for participating in the Lexi's Creations with it.

Kathy W. said...

Love the shape of this card! Very cute =)

Maria Matter said...

so sweet! love your DP skunk design!!!
hugs

Sue said...

Hi Jan, the little skunk is adorable and your shaped card is wonderful....thanks for sharing how you made it. So glad you joined us for the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month too.

Hugs
Sue

Christa said...

love your shaped card its awesome hugs christa

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Great shape for it.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is spectacular, Jan! I love the shape and wonderful colors that complement the colored image perfectly. All details are fabulous.

Robbie said...

THis is absolutely, positively amazing...Love those gorgeous shapes and colors. Great details on how you did it as well. Thanks!

Sharon Basel said...

Fabulous card Jan! I love the tutorial on how you cut the background. Love that this is shaped and how you used the circle for the image. A super design all the way around.