Monday, August 1, 2011

Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterfly #2


I have something new and fun I want to share with you today!
My friend Linda at the Sugar Shack in Lake Havasu City, AZ has started carrying Cheery Lynn Designs dies and are they ever nice!  

Linda and I have formed a partnership of sorts in the last few months we think will be helpful to both of us.  I'm going to have card making classes using the products she sells and she's going to help me advertise those classes.  I plan on using these awesome Cheery Lynn Designs dies in some of those classes too!

The butterfly on my card is a Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterfly small #2, there are three in the set and they have "angel wings" that are sold separately.  I'll show you what I mean below.


The "angel wings" are cut from vellum and I attached them to the underside of the butterfly with a tiny bit of Glossy Accents applied with a tooth pick.  

My card layout is Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge #343.  The digital patterned paper was scrap that was just waiting to be used beside my paper trimmer and the sentiment was a freebie from Create With TLC.  My card is also for a dear friend of mine who's had surgery and is recovering.  I can't wait till she feels good enough to get out and craft with me again!
Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Splitcoast Stampers - Sketch Challenge #343
Sew Many Cards - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is gorgeous .. love that butterfly and the fab orange
Lisa x

Lionelsa said...

The butterfly is amazing. It's a perfect detail on your lovely card.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love it...I will have to check out the site and congratulations on the teaming. I have a weakness for punches and ides and making my own svgs.

Paula S. said...

Best wishes on your new adventure Jan! I know that in no time at all you'll be selling out classes and needing to add more. I am intrigued by the dual layer in this butterfly. Just beautiful!

Linda Palmer said...

Your card is beautiful and I really love that butterfly. Beautiful job!

jimlynn said...

It's just beautiful, Jan! Wonderful colors too.
Lynn

Unknown said...

I am so CASEing this!! It is gorgeous and I love the orange.

Carol L said...

Thanks for enlightening (and enabling) me to Cheery Lynn Designs dies! They're just beautiful and the butterfly is amazing! Gorgeous card, and good luck with the classes!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow, just a gorgeous card, love the colors, the DP and the butterfly is stunning. I know your classes will be a success, with your talent.

Melissa Czapor said...

Gorgeous card!! I just love the LO and colors!! I'm going to have to give those dies a looky!! Blessings and hugs!!

NanaConnie said...

Love that butterfly! I'm giong ot have to check out Cheery Lynn, I guess. Congrats on the new class teaching venture!