Monday, August 29, 2011

Doodle Pantry Quirky Kangaroo


I have a fun card to share with you today using Doodle Pantry's Quirky Kangaroo pre-colored digital image and one of the digital papers that come in this set.

I'm still playing with the Operation Write Home sketch #82 and thought it would be perfect for this card.  I re-sized the cute kangaroo and added "G'day Mate" right under the image, added one sheet of digital paper and re-sized so I'd have just enough for the 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" panel and printed.  

The Astrobrights Solar Yellow panel is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and I wanted to repeat the flower pattern on the kangaroo so I used a couple of my old Quickutz dies to get as close to the flower shape as I could. I also printed an extra 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" swatch of the digital paper on text weight paper so I could have a fancy envelope liner to dress up my finished card.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:
Delightful Challenges - Must Use Digital Paper
Digi Doodle Shop - Anything Goes

14 comments:

NanaConnie said...

I have to admit that I fall more in love with all the "quirky characters" as I see them on your cards. Love the texture on your dp! Great color choices.

AllisonG said...

I love your bright card - it totally made me smile!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card love the brght colours & ya kanga is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lorie said...

How absolutely adorable Jan....love it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Is this the cutest or what! Love your crisp design and wonderful mix of colors. The embossed background really sets everything off!

Debs M said...

great image and embossing! Thanks for joining the ‘Anything Goes ’ Challenge’ at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. We hope to see you again next week!
Debbie Dt x

Shirl said...

Really is a fun card, still chuckling at the kangaroo he looks adorable.

Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Cora said...

Another fun card with over the top color cheer. Gotta love it Jan.

Patti J said...

Jan, this is adorable! Love the matching envie - you are so creative!!!

Kathy W. said...

Hi Jan...Love this sweet li'l card. Great layout and love that the envie matches the card =) Great job.

Glenda Atkins said...

ahhh, super card, super envelope, love the brightness of it all!

Julie said...

Gorgeous coloring!! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop’s Challenges
Hugs,
Julie

Kristine said...

LOOOVE IT! :) Super fun with the bright colors and just an all around Cutie patootie kanga! Perfect for an OWH card *Ü*

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Jan, this is so cute! That kangaroo is so cute and I love the fun but simple layout you used! Great card!
Hugs, Sarah