Thursday, August 4, 2011

Copic Cloud Tutorial


Hello blog friends!  I'm going to be sharing my very first video tutorial with you today!  I'm not sure whether to be excited about that or not...  it went pretty well after several tries and I know that I will improve with practice.


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and will give a it a try.  Once more a link to Bev's fabulous template -

I did make a card with my cute Bug A Boo Stamps Ava image.  She's colored with Copic markers YG67, YG63, YG61, Y38, Y18, Y19, T5, T3, T2, E00, E000 E0000, B21, B23, B24, E70, E71, E74, E77, BV000, BV0000, R20, R14, R12, R11.

 I cut her out with a Spellbinders rectangle die and matted her with the matching scalloped rectangle die.  The layout is a recent sketch from Our Craft Lounge that I thought would be fun to try.  

Truth be told I struggled with this card, getting it together was difficult for me today.  I used a Cheery Lynn Designs Butterfly die along with the angel wings, for a little sparkle I added Stickles Stardust by brushing it onto the butterfly.

The sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink Inside Out Birthday stamp set.  The patterned paper is Basic Grey Marrakech and I lined the envelope using my Papertrey Ink envelope liner die.  

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:
Paper Sundaes - Clouds & Sky
AI Factory - Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes


Birthday card $5.00
USPS Shipping $2.35

Birthday greeting inside:
"May this birthday
be just the beginning
of a year
filled with happy memories"




20 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful tutorial - thank you . LOve the little image and colours
Lisa x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Thank you SO MUCH for the tutorial.....and it was a great tutorial for your very first one. I have BG000 but not the other, but will get it. And Jan, the card turned out so so so pretty. Love the combo of colors and layout. Thanks so much...you heard our cries....lol So excited.

She's a Color Queen said...

I think your tutorial is perfect!! Thanks for sharing it :) As usual your card is wonderful! It's always a delight to visit your blog!

Dana said...

Jan, you did an amazing job!!! Seriously, a great, great vid!! I will probably be emailing you about your camera. I have to get a new one and I had been looking at the Flip. I was impressed with the quality of your vid, especially love that I can view it in full HD!
Hugs~
Dana

jimlynn said...

Hey Jan.....IT'S GREAT!!! Thanks for the tutorial...now I'm going to have to order more Copics though!
Cute card and a wonderful tutorial.
Lynn

kare said...

YaY!!
You are a Great Video Tutor Jan:))
And you chose one of my favorite subjects; Clouds, where my head always izzzz;>
Lovely Clouds... Cute card.
*Buzzz

StampTramps said...

Great job, Jan! The template is a "must try" for me, for sure! Thanks!

ThePurplePlace said...

Awesome!! I came out wonderful!!

Paula S. said...

Wonderful first video tutorial Jan! This technique is great and actually appears to be a lot easier than I would have imagined. Based on the gorgeous results I assumed it would be really, really time consuming. Can't wait for your next one.

Sherry Hickey said...

Great job on your first tutorial video, Jan! I just started using Copics so this is so helpful. Look forward to more! What kind of paper is best for coloring with Copics?

Carol L said...

Congrats on your first tutorial Jan! You did good!! Love the card and how easy you make your clouds! Now we can all do clouds on our cards:) GJ!

MaryB said...

Absolutely adorable. Congrats on your first tutorial and I hope to see more from you. Finally, I have the knowledge to do clouds.

Also thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

moseymom said...

Great tutorial my friend. I have been trying different things to make clouds with the Copics and as usual, I thought it was something more difficult. Thanks for the help. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

You did that like a pro! I will be looking forward to more great things from you. Thanks for sharing the technique and source for template. I'll be putting clouds on everything now. Pat K.

Shannon White said...

Fantastic tutorial Miss Jan! I am definitely going to have to try Bevs template with my Copic markers.. You made it look soo easy! And I love your Adorable sweet card too! Lovely coloring as alway and wonderful cheery dp's too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous card and tutorial.

Dixie Cochran said...

Way to go, Jan! You did an excellent job!! As always, your card is fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial. I need all the help I can get with the Copics, and you made this technique look easy. Thank you!

NanaConnie said...

Love the tutorial, Jan. Thanks so much. The card is pretty great, too. :-)

Karen Howard said...

Thank you for letting me know about this tutorial! Love your video and have already watched some of the others, they are all fabulous! Off to practice my clouds! Hugs, Karen

Arabella said...

Thanks for sharing a great tutorial Jan! The final card is lovely too!

Arabella