Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cheery Lynn Designs French Flair Dies


Happy Saturday - look what arrived in the mail!
It's a package of several new dies from Cheery Lynn Designs I'd been waiting for.  I didn't have to wait long, they are in Phoenix Arizona and I'm 2 1/2 hours away in Parker, Arizona.


My card today was a lot of fun to put together.  I've gathered inspiration from three different card makers that I admire.

For my card base I used a Cheery Lynn Designs French Flair Scalloped die and layered one of their French Flair regular dies on top.  

I made the frame for the sentiment by Create With TLC using Spellbinders circles and scalloped circles dies and embossed it with a Cuttlebug Dots embossing folder.  

The flower is also a Spellbinders die from Flower Creations 2.  I trimmed part of the center sections of the petals away so it may not be recognizable to you anymore.  I added about a half dozen layers to the flower for dimension.  

The button in the center of the flower is a Cheery Lynn Designs die from a set called Buttons #3.  

Under the flower is a Cheery Lynn Designs die called Fanciful Flourish.  It's a beautiful flourish, I had to cut it apart to use it because it's so nice and big. 

And then there's the beautiful butterfly that came from the Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterfly #2 die set.  I didn't use the "angel wings" that I have to match this butterfly.  I liked the look of the Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper showing through.
 You can see what the "angel wings" look like in another blog post here. 

I love the shape of this card with it's scallops around the edges.  I mostly make A2 size cards for Operation Write Home and I can see in my imagination lots of fun ways to use these dies to "enhance" my A2 cards.   Thinking of OWH, I think it was Lisa that asked what the back of one of my round cards looked like so I made sure to snap a quick picture to answer the question.


It's not as pretty as the front but shows how I put it all together.  I had no problem getting the die to cut through the two layers of 110lb. cover stock when I rolled it through my Grand Calibur. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs - Design Team Call
Crafty Cardmakers - Butterflies
Happileigh Scrappin' - Anything Goes
Woodware USA - Anything Goes
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes
Fab & Funky - Friendship
The Paper Variety - Circles
Inspire Me Friday's - Anything Goes
Raise The Bar - Anything Goes
Crazy For Challenges - Shaped Cards

13 comments:

Dana said...

Oh wow!! This is gorgeous! I think that is the prettiest and most intricate butterfly die I've ever seen. Love it!!
Hugs~
Dana

Maria Matter said...

oh Wow Jan, this is absolutely gorgeous!! amazing die cuts....again Wow!!!
hugs

Unknown said...

So beautiful and lacy. I really like square cards.

Melissa Czapor said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Your work always inspires me!!! Blessings and hugs!!

Hannah said...

It definitely looks like a fun card to put together. Great colours and embellishments. Thanks for playing along at TPV this week :)

Teresa Kline said...

those dies are awesome..wow...your card is stunning...hope your day is awesome!

enjoy *~*

gina g said...

Fabulous card, i love the shape. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Pami said...

Hi Jan, this is so pretty, love the die cuts and love the butterfly! Thanks for joining in with our "Friendship" challenge at Fab n Funky this week, good luck! Pami x

Nicole Doiron said...

Very pretty card!!! Thank you so much for joining in on the fun this week at The Paper Variety!

Sandi said...

What a beautiful card....so many beautiful details. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Variety,

Sara I. said...

Absolutely stunning card!!! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at TLC!
~hugs
Sara, TLC DT

Marilou said...

Oh, my! Your card is so stunning! I love the colors, papers, image, and all the embellies you used! The scripture sentiment from Paulette is perfect! Thanks for sharing it with us at Create with TLC.

Purple Card Lady said...

Beautiful creation! Love those dies.