Sunday, August 21, 2011

Clear Dollar Stamps Charlie Autumn

Welcome to our Clear Dollar Stamps "These are a few of my favorite things" blog hop!  If you've arrived here from Lorie's blog you're on the right track.  If not and you'd like to start at the beginning click --> here.

Now to our theme...  wow, a "few" of my favorite things...
Clear Dollar Stamps digital images and papers are on that list, as are Copic markers but my most favorite thing of all is trying new things.  Paper crafting things to be specific.

I have a fun fold card to share with you today made with Charlie Autumn from Clear Dollar Stamps and a video of how I put my fun fold card together.  The inspiration for my card came from Sherryann at Button Junkie.


I kept my layout clean and simple, Charlie is colored with Copic markers E44, E43, E42, E41, Y11, C00, C0, C1, R20.  


Recap of measurements to make the card:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 blue cardstock, 11 inch white strip cut to 3 1/4" wide, scored at 4 1/2, flipped and scored at 4 1/2.  Mats for inside and Charlie image are cut 1/8th inch larger from brown cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed today's video and will be inspired to give this simple fancy fold a try.  

Your next stop on our blog hop is our fabulous Jerusha!

Be sure to leave a comment on each of our blogs to be eligible to win some fabulous Clear Dollar Stamps prizes!

Thanks for visiting my blog today - 

Challenges:
Digi's With Attitude - Anything Goes
Wags & Whiskers - Outdoor Fun

34 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol - this is a cute little image .. i love those sheafs of wheat
Lisa x

Basslady said...

this is so sweet and lovely!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Paula S. said...

Great job on the video Jan. It was so easily to follow! This fold is nice and a bit unusual. I like that it results in the two panels and how you used one for your sentiment and yet there is a nice full space for writing.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Jan, what a cute card! Love your clouds.
Hugs, Sarah

VanessaB said...

i love love that horse image! what a CUTE card! thanks for the tutorial. :)

Operation Write Home said...

Wow - I LOVE that fold Jan!!! Totally going to use it today :) :) :) Thanks for inspiring me!

Karen Howard said...

I love Charlie Autumn and your fancy fold! Lovely sky in the background, hoping for that tutorial to learn how you do that! Hugs, Karen

Christi said...

Great card! I do love some charlie! Great job on your post explaning how you made your card.
:o)

Saints Rule! said...

Charlie is just the cutest image ever! Love the clean lines on your design. It lets Charlie shine! Blessings~

Kathy D. said...

ohhhh like that fold. Going to have to try it!!
Your coloring just makes my jaw drop each time I look at your stuff. WOWSER!!

Linda Anderson said...

Adorable card Jan!! And what a wonderful tutorial!! How fun to hear your voice!!!! I will definitely be giving this technique a try.

Linda

Bunnyfreak said...

Amazing coloring on the horse.

Lorie said...

How cute Jan! You and I are just opposite as I prefer to stay in my comfort zone and not necessarily try new things.

Marsha said...

Very fun card and thanks for the tutorial of the fancy fold. Going to try this one soon.

Karen M said...

What a fabulously fun card! Love the image and your colouring xx

Misty said...

Wow, Charlie in the wheat! I love your clouds!

Edwina said...

Absolutely love this card! Thanks for the video on how to make it. I subscribed to u tube for your videos. This one sure was a big help. Thank you! This cards colors are great. Love them. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. I just love the horse.

Shell said...

Love that Charley!!! You did a great job coloring and the layout is so clean and crisp. Love this card.

Cathi said...

oh goodness... I do love CHARLIE!!!


cathi carpenter
ourfam@bellsouth.net

DeneAnn said...

Charlie is adorable running and prancing on the wheat fields. Very cute! Thanks for the tutorial, too!!! ~hugs

Heidi Brawley said...

i love Charlie. this card is very Adorable.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a super fun image, awesome coloring and design. Love your wonderful fold and video. Great card, Jan!

Chrisd said...

I love your card and the video of steps is so helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Heather said...

How fun is this card with Charlie frolicking through the wheat?! He's so cute!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- Charlie is adorable!

joybear said...

Adorable! The horse makes me smile!

Kelly said...

Loved the Tute. And what an adorable horse.

helloholley said...

Gorgeous card JAN!!! I loved your video...you have a very calming voice....I will definately give this fold a try...looks like fun and it's perfect for OWH cards!!!

Thanks so much for the prayers for my son....he is doing very well....God has been working in our family strongly through all of this!!!;)

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jan. I have never made a z fold card. I'll have to do that. Your tutorial is wonderful plus to hear your voice. Great job.

Sue D said...

Great card and thanks for the video showing how to do this fold.

Karenladd said...

Such an adorable card and I am really impressed with your coloring technique!!

Jo said...

Your card is so cute. Thank you for the tutorial. I have tried this and I like how it came out. Your video made it very easy to follow. Here is my post of the card if you would like to see.
http://itsmycreativeworld.blogspot.com/2011/08/z-fold-card.html

Jo

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh ... Charlie is SO CUTE!! Great card and great video! Thanks so much for joining our 'Outdoor Fun' challenge. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again next challenge!

Darlene
WnW DT