Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cuddly Buddly Lilyboo London Taxi


I had so much fun making today's card!

I've had my eye on this Lilyboo Designs London Taxi but was kind of intimidated about coloring it black...  
I started out coloring it with Neutral Grays, N1, N2 and had the idea that I'd really like to use Blue Violets because there are some that look black/gray.  I started coloring over what I had with BV20 & BV23 and liked what was happening so I kept going.

Another thing that convinced me I should have the London Taxi is this last weeks Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge.  Here's a link to my inspiration Hornby Taxi.

The Copic marker colors I used:

Car - BV20, BV23, BV25, RV25
Tires - T2, T3, T5
Chrome - C0, C1, C3
Glass - G0000, B0000
Background/Outline - BG0000, BG01
Y11, Y21

I didn't have papers or card stock that match these Blue Violet Copic markers so I brought out my air brush system and had some fun.  I used a Spellbinders Labels 14 die and air brushed BV20, BV23, BV25 inside the label and let the ink dry.  I next spritzed Copic Blender Solution on my Kaiser Craft Flourish stamp and stamped it on that, leaving the stamp in place a little longer than usual so the blender solution would remove some color for a cool design.  

I wanted a sentiment for my card that would be nice for an Operation Write Home card and found this "with love" in the Cuddly Buddly Round Greetings Mixed digital sentiment set.  Since it's a "round" sentiment I cropped the part I wanted out so I could use just the part I needed.  I then re sized it a little, printed it and cut it out with a Spellbinders Tags Trio die.  Before I added the little purple button with crochet thread in it I had to change the color of my white button.  I used the Copic air brush system again to create a beautiful purple button using my BV25 Copic marker.  I kept going with the textured theme and used the Sizzix Tim Holtz Clocks embossing folder.  As I went to put it all together I again realized I didn't have the right color of card stock.  I took the blank card base and used my Copic BV25 marker to color around the edges for a more finished look.  I added a photo below so you can see what I mean.


You're looking at the inside front of the card here where I used the Copic marker to make it look like I have BV25 card stock.

I hope you enjoyed reading about the process of making my card today, I really enjoyed making it!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Splitcoaststampers - Inspiration Challenge #348
Dream Valley Challenges - Die Cuts & Punches
Papercrafts August Gallery Challenge - British Theme
Love To Create - Punches & Dies
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

4 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So cute Jan! Love the image and the gorgeous embossing...beautiful work! :)

lalkygirl said...

what a fab card ,love the image and your embossing looks awesome
thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

Wendy L said...

This looks great, well done on the colouring. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxxx

Deanne Saunders said...

What a neat card! Thanks for participating in LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again!
~DEANNE~